Save the Date! Yuricon's 2007 "Yurisai" is exactly one year from today

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2006
      Join us at Yuricon's 2007 "Yurisai" event on September 29, 2007 at the
      Gateway Hilton in Newark, NJ for all-day Yuri videos, panels workshops
      and guests, including "Rica 'tte Kanji!?" creator Rica Takashima!

      Visit the Yuricon Events page for details and registration updates:
      http://www.yuricon.org/events
    • dark_kamui2003
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2006
        Will it ever be held in Australia?

        > Join us at Yuricon's 2007 "Yurisai" event on September 29, 2007 at the
        > Gateway Hilton in Newark, NJ for all-day Yuri videos, panels workshops
        > and guests, including "Rica 'tte Kanji!?" creator Rica Takashima!
        >
        > Visit the Yuricon Events page for details and registration updates:
        > http://www.yuricon.org/events

      • "Buff" Joe Wagner
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2006
          Addendum: Is there any chance the event could be stretched into more than one day?  Traveling all day Friday to a Saturday event and then all day Sunday back is no picnic.  It almost constitutes a waste of money with today's travel expenses.

          --

          "Pray that when you arise from the darkness it will not be as a revengeful horsemen of the apocalypse, but as an avenging angel..." ~The Old Abbey, La Comte de Monte Cristo
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2006
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "\"Buff\" Joe Wagner" <senbei@...>
            wrote:

            > Addendum: Is there any chance the event could be stretched into
            more than
            > one day? Traveling all day Friday to a Saturday event and then all
            day
            > Sunday back is no picnic. It almost constitutes a waste of money
            with
            > today's travel expenses.

            >From: "\"Buff\" Joe Wagner" <senbei@...>
            >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Save the Date! Yuricon's 2007 "Yurisai"
            is exactly one year from today
            >Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 10:08:07 -0400
            >
            >Addendum: Is there any chance the event could be stretched into more
            >than
            >one day? Traveling all day Friday to a Saturday event and then all
            >day
            >Sunday back is no picnic. It almost constitutes a waste of money
            >with
            >today's travel expenses.

            Hi there -

            Not for 2007. There's a lot of reasons why we're doing it as a one-
            day event, but primarily we're attempting to recreate the feel of
            2005's Tokyo event, which was also one-day. (If you think you've got
            a long way to go, just think of the dozen or so people who came to
            Tokyo with us for that event!)

            There's a possibility that we will one day run a longer event, but
            for now, this is the way we're doing it. :-)

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2006
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "dark_kamui2003" <dark_kamui2003@...>
              wrote:

              > Will it ever be held in Australia?

              I can't answer that precisely because no one ever knows what the
              future will hold, but it's a pretty fair bet that unless someone who
              lives there is willing to set up all the details and invite me out,
              no.

              I (an a large portion of the YC staff) live on the east coast of the
              US, so it makes sense that that's where Yuricon is Headquartered. I
              and the Yuricon staff *do* travel to other events and we will hold
              Yuri Panels in other locations. But there's pretty much no way I can
              hold hotel negotiations and set up a con 1/2way around the world from
              where I'm located unless there's someone there acting as my agent.
              (The organizer of Yuricon '05 was Rica Takashima. There would have
              been no YC '05 in Tokyo without her.)

              This goes for everywhere - if you want a yuri event on the west coast
              of the US, or in Europe, or Australia, DON'T WAIT FOR ME to do it for
              you! Just go ahead and set one up on your own. It's not "Yuricon" but
              it'll be "Yuri West" or "Yuri UK" or whatever you name it.

              Then let me know about it, and I'll gladly list it on our "Events"
              page, which currently has a Yuri/Yaoi event in Germany and a con in
              Poland with strong yuri content.

              Add me to the Guest list and I'll see what I can do about getting
              there. :-)