Re: [Yuricon] Re: Non-spoilery reaction to _Simoun_, episode 23

  • Adam Jones
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006
      On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 19:42:26 -0000, "atheniag"
      <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Jones" <adam@...> wrote:

      > > For starters, as episode 22 showed, Alti would seem to be a /far/
      > > healthier influence on poor fragile Paraietta.
      > Absolutely. Alti also seems much less freakish than she was originally
      > portrayed. I'm told that in the novel she does have a serious siscon,
      > but here, not really.

      There's a novel? It'll be interesting to see if anyone translates it...
      (Hah! Some chance.)

      > > It's interesting to see which of the characters have grown up, and
      > > how they're beginning to help the others along. Morinas and Alti in
      > > particular have clearly learned a lot.
      > Floe too. Everyone discounts her because she's whiny and
      > confrontational, but she's never been wrong, either.

      I don't know about her always being correct, but she's the only one who
      regularly speaks her mind, certainly.

      > It would be nice to see Parietta get out of her particular prison
      > before she dies.

      Episode 23 seems to suggest that she's well on the way to doing so, I'd
      say.

      > Adam, clearly we're going to have to write an Alti x Parietta story.
      > Get cracking on the plot. :-)

      You mean it needs a plot? Darn.

      > And I've decided that Amuria should be alive, so Aeru can kill her.

      I think she certainly needs to be alive to maximise the angst
      potential, but as to how to get rid of her again... Well, I was almost
      tempted by the idea of an Aaeru/Amuria pairing just for perversity.

      > Erica (boy would the story be different if *I* wrote it...)

      Wherl, there'd be more sex, for one thing...
      .oO("DUUUUHHH :P!! What are you old?" )
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006

        > There's a novel? It'll be interesting to see if anyone translates
        it...
        > (Hah! Some chance.)

        Yeah, I just got it in the other day. The pictures are primarily
        neviriru and aueru kissing.

        I have no intention of translating it...I'm almost done with Marimite
        15 and it's KILLING me to translate a novel in my "haha" free time.

        > I don't know about her always being correct, but she's the only one
        who
        > regularly speaks her mind, certainly.

        What has she been wrong about?

        > > It would be nice to see Parietta get out of her particular prison
        > > before she dies.
        >
        > Episode 23 seems to suggest that she's well on the way to doing so,
        I'd
        > say.

        Yepper

        > > Adam, clearly we're going to have to write an Alti x Parietta
        story.
        > > Get cracking on the plot. :-)
        >
        > You mean it needs a plot? Darn.

        Then we're writing different stories. :-)

        > > And I've decided that Amuria should be alive, so Aeru can kill
        her.

        > I think she certainly needs to be alive to maximise the angst
        > potential, but as to how to get rid of her again... Well, I was
        almost
        > tempted by the idea of an Aaeru/Amuria pairing just for perversity.
        >
        > > Erica (boy would the story be different if *I* wrote it...)
        >
        > Wherl, there'd be more sex, for one thing...

        lol

        Did you exclaim "Oh, for pity's SAKE!" when the announcement was
        made? I cannot believe they did it AGAIN, for what, the fourth time?

        There's only so many times you can use any plot device before it
        becomes hopelessly absurd. If I were in Chor T, I would have started
        to giggle, I just know it.

        > --
        > Adam Jones (adam@...)(http://www.yggdrasl.demon.co.uk/)
        > .oO("DUUUUHHH :P!! What are you