Re: [Yuricon] Re: Non-spoilery reaction to _Simoun_, episode 23

  • Adam Jones
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006
      On 05-Sep-2006 12:26 -0000, atheniag wrote:
      > > Also, yet more grist to my recently-created Alti/Paraietta mill.
      > > (And wouldn't /that/ just make Kaimu flip?)
      > Love the idea. For every possible reason.

      For starters, as episode 22 showed, Alti would seem to be a /far/
      healthier influence on poor fragile Paraietta.

      It's interesting to see which of the characters have grown up, and how
      they're beginning to help the others along. Morinas and Alti in
      particular have clearly learned a lot.
      .oO("I am not chained to teh computers!" )
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Jones" <adam@...> wrote:

        > On 05-Sep-2006 12:26 -0000, atheniag wrote:
        > > > Also, yet more grist to my recently-created Alti/Paraietta mill.
        > > > (And wouldn't /that/ just make Kaimu flip?)
        > > Love the idea. For every possible reason.
        >
        > For starters, as episode 22 showed, Alti would seem to be a /far/
        > healthier influence on poor fragile Paraietta.

        Absolutely. Alti also seems much less freakish than she was originally
        portrayed. I'm told that in the novel she does have a serious siscon,
        but here, not really.

        > It's interesting to see which of the characters have grown up, and how
        > they're beginning to help the others along. Morinas and Alti in
        > particular have clearly learned a lot.

        Floe too. Everyone discounts her because she's whiny and
        confrontational, but she's never been wrong, either.

        It would be nice to see Parietta get out of her particular prison
        before she dies. LOL (Not a spoiler!! If she does, it was just a lucky
        guess!)

        Adam, clearly we're going to have to write an Alti x Parietta story.
        Get cracking on the plot. :-)

        And I've decided that Amuria should be alive, so Aeru can kill her. LOL

        Cheers,

        Erica (boy would the story be different if *I* wrote it...)
      • Adam Jones
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006
          On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 19:42:26 -0000, "atheniag"
          <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Jones" <adam@...> wrote:

          > > For starters, as episode 22 showed, Alti would seem to be a /far/
          > > healthier influence on poor fragile Paraietta.
          > Absolutely. Alti also seems much less freakish than she was originally
          > portrayed. I'm told that in the novel she does have a serious siscon,
          > but here, not really.

          There's a novel? It'll be interesting to see if anyone translates it...
          (Hah! Some chance.)

          > > It's interesting to see which of the characters have grown up, and
          > > how they're beginning to help the others along. Morinas and Alti in
          > > particular have clearly learned a lot.
          > Floe too. Everyone discounts her because she's whiny and
          > confrontational, but she's never been wrong, either.

          I don't know about her always being correct, but she's the only one who
          regularly speaks her mind, certainly.

          > It would be nice to see Parietta get out of her particular prison
          > before she dies.

          Episode 23 seems to suggest that she's well on the way to doing so, I'd
          say.

          > Adam, clearly we're going to have to write an Alti x Parietta story.
          > Get cracking on the plot. :-)

          You mean it needs a plot? Darn.

          > And I've decided that Amuria should be alive, so Aeru can kill her.

          I think she certainly needs to be alive to maximise the angst
          potential, but as to how to get rid of her again... Well, I was almost
          tempted by the idea of an Aaeru/Amuria pairing just for perversity.

          > Erica (boy would the story be different if *I* wrote it...)

          Wherl, there'd be more sex, for one thing...
          .oO("DUUUUHHH :P!! What are you old?" )
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006

            > There's a novel? It'll be interesting to see if anyone translates
            it...
            > (Hah! Some chance.)

            Yeah, I just got it in the other day. The pictures are primarily
            neviriru and aueru kissing.

            I have no intention of translating it...I'm almost done with Marimite
            15 and it's KILLING me to translate a novel in my "haha" free time.

            > I don't know about her always being correct, but she's the only one
            who
            > regularly speaks her mind, certainly.

            What has she been wrong about?

            > > It would be nice to see Parietta get out of her particular prison
            > > before she dies.
            >
            > Episode 23 seems to suggest that she's well on the way to doing so,
            I'd
            > say.

            Yepper

            > > Adam, clearly we're going to have to write an Alti x Parietta
            story.
            > > Get cracking on the plot. :-)
            >
            > You mean it needs a plot? Darn.

            Then we're writing different stories. :-)

            > > And I've decided that Amuria should be alive, so Aeru can kill
            her.

            > I think she certainly needs to be alive to maximise the angst
            > potential, but as to how to get rid of her again... Well, I was
            almost
            > tempted by the idea of an Aaeru/Amuria pairing just for perversity.
            >
            > > Erica (boy would the story be different if *I* wrote it...)
            >
            > Wherl, there'd be more sex, for one thing...

            lol

            Did you exclaim "Oh, for pity's SAKE!" when the announcement was
            made? I cannot believe they did it AGAIN, for what, the fourth time?

            There's only so many times you can use any plot device before it
            becomes hopelessly absurd. If I were in Chor T, I would have started
            to giggle, I just know it.

            > --
            > Adam Jones (adam@...)(http://www.yggdrasl.demon.co.uk/)
            > .oO("DUUUUHHH :P!! What are you