Re: [Yuricon] Non-spoilery reaction to _Simoun_, episode 23

  • Adam Jones
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 4, 2006
      On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 02:46:18 -0000, "Susan Davis"
      <futabachan@...> wrote:

      > And next week's events look to be what I expected episode 26 to be
      > about. What will happen in 25 and 26, I wonder? Well, one thing is
      > obvious....

      Well, perhaps a couple of things...

      Aaeru was very cute this episode. Good to see Floe's clues are finally
      beginning to stick. Aww.

      Also, yet more grist to my recently-created Alti/Paraietta mill.
      (And wouldn't /that/ just make Kaimu flip?)
      .oO("YOUDUMBASS DOMINOS FAGS" )
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006

        > On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 02:46:18 -0000, "Susan Davis"
        > <futabachan@...> wrote:
        >
        > > And next week's events look to be what I expected episode 26 to be
        > > about. What will happen in 25 and 26, I wonder? Well, one thing is
        > > obvious....
        >
        > Well, perhaps a couple of things...

        A couple, yeah...

        > Aaeru was very cute this episode. Good to see Floe's clues are finally
        > beginning to stick. Aww.

        Nice to see that Floe, for all her flouncy flibbertygibness, is
        actually all in there as I suspected.

        > Also, yet more grist to my recently-created Alti/Paraietta mill.
        > (And wouldn't /that/ just make Kaimu flip?)

        Love the idea. For every possible reason.

      • Adam Jones
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006
          On 05-Sep-2006 12:26 -0000, atheniag wrote:
          > > Also, yet more grist to my recently-created Alti/Paraietta mill.
          > > (And wouldn't /that/ just make Kaimu flip?)
          > Love the idea. For every possible reason.

          For starters, as episode 22 showed, Alti would seem to be a /far/
          healthier influence on poor fragile Paraietta.

          It's interesting to see which of the characters have grown up, and how
          they're beginning to help the others along. Morinas and Alti in
          particular have clearly learned a lot.
          .oO("I am not chained to teh computers!" )
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Jones" <adam@...> wrote:

            > On 05-Sep-2006 12:26 -0000, atheniag wrote:
            > > > Also, yet more grist to my recently-created Alti/Paraietta mill.
            > > > (And wouldn't /that/ just make Kaimu flip?)
            > > Love the idea. For every possible reason.
            >
            > For starters, as episode 22 showed, Alti would seem to be a /far/
            > healthier influence on poor fragile Paraietta.

            Absolutely. Alti also seems much less freakish than she was originally
            portrayed. I'm told that in the novel she does have a serious siscon,
            but here, not really.

            > It's interesting to see which of the characters have grown up, and how
            > they're beginning to help the others along. Morinas and Alti in
            > particular have clearly learned a lot.

            Floe too. Everyone discounts her because she's whiny and
            confrontational, but she's never been wrong, either.

            It would be nice to see Parietta get out of her particular prison
            before she dies. LOL (Not a spoiler!! If she does, it was just a lucky
            guess!)

            Adam, clearly we're going to have to write an Alti x Parietta story.
            Get cracking on the plot. :-)

            And I've decided that Amuria should be alive, so Aeru can kill her. LOL

            Cheers,

            Erica (boy would the story be different if *I* wrote it...)
          • Adam Jones
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006
              On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 19:42:26 -0000, "atheniag"
              <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
              > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Jones" <adam@...> wrote:

              > > For starters, as episode 22 showed, Alti would seem to be a /far/
              > > healthier influence on poor fragile Paraietta.
              > Absolutely. Alti also seems much less freakish than she was originally
              > portrayed. I'm told that in the novel she does have a serious siscon,
              > but here, not really.

              There's a novel? It'll be interesting to see if anyone translates it...
              (Hah! Some chance.)

              > > It's interesting to see which of the characters have grown up, and
              > > how they're beginning to help the others along. Morinas and Alti in
              > > particular have clearly learned a lot.
              > Floe too. Everyone discounts her because she's whiny and
              > confrontational, but she's never been wrong, either.

              I don't know about her always being correct, but she's the only one who
              regularly speaks her mind, certainly.

              > It would be nice to see Parietta get out of her particular prison
              > before she dies.

              Episode 23 seems to suggest that she's well on the way to doing so, I'd
              say.

              > Adam, clearly we're going to have to write an Alti x Parietta story.
              > Get cracking on the plot. :-)

              You mean it needs a plot? Darn.

              > And I've decided that Amuria should be alive, so Aeru can kill her.

              I think she certainly needs to be alive to maximise the angst
              potential, but as to how to get rid of her again... Well, I was almost
              tempted by the idea of an Aaeru/Amuria pairing just for perversity.

              > Erica (boy would the story be different if *I* wrote it...)

              Wherl, there'd be more sex, for one thing...
              .oO("DUUUUHHH :P!! What are you old?" )
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006

                > There's a novel? It'll be interesting to see if anyone translates
                it...
                > (Hah! Some chance.)

                Yeah, I just got it in the other day. The pictures are primarily
                neviriru and aueru kissing.

                I have no intention of translating it...I'm almost done with Marimite
                15 and it's KILLING me to translate a novel in my "haha" free time.

                > I don't know about her always being correct, but she's the only one
                who
                > regularly speaks her mind, certainly.

                What has she been wrong about?

                > > It would be nice to see Parietta get out of her particular prison
                > > before she dies.
                >
                > Episode 23 seems to suggest that she's well on the way to doing so,
                I'd
                > say.

                Yepper

                > > Adam, clearly we're going to have to write an Alti x Parietta
                story.
                > > Get cracking on the plot. :-)
                >
                > You mean it needs a plot? Darn.

                Then we're writing different stories. :-)

                > > And I've decided that Amuria should be alive, so Aeru can kill
                her.

                > I think she certainly needs to be alive to maximise the angst
                > potential, but as to how to get rid of her again... Well, I was
                almost
                > tempted by the idea of an Aaeru/Amuria pairing just for perversity.
                >
                > > Erica (boy would the story be different if *I* wrote it...)
                >
                > Wherl, there'd be more sex, for one thing...

                lol

                Did you exclaim "Oh, for pity's SAKE!" when the announcement was
                made? I cannot believe they did it AGAIN, for what, the fourth time?

                There's only so many times you can use any plot device before it
                becomes hopelessly absurd. If I were in Chor T, I would have started
                to giggle, I just know it.

                > --
                > Adam Jones (adam@...)(http://www.yggdrasl.demon.co.uk/)
                > .oO("DUUUUHHH :P!! What are you