Non-spoilery reaction to _Simoun_, episode 23

  • Susan Davis
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 4, 2006
      If the first third of the show was the "Neviril arc," and the second
      third was the "Dominura arc," this last part is clearly the "Onashia arc."

      And next week's events look to be what I expected episode 26 to be
      about. What will happen in 25 and 26, I wonder? Well, one thing is
      obvious....

      --
      Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
    • Adam Jones
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 4, 2006
        On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 02:46:18 -0000, "Susan Davis"
        <futabachan@...> wrote:

        > And next week's events look to be what I expected episode 26 to be
        > about. What will happen in 25 and 26, I wonder? Well, one thing is
        > obvious....

        Well, perhaps a couple of things...

        Aaeru was very cute this episode. Good to see Floe's clues are finally
        beginning to stick. Aww.

        Also, yet more grist to my recently-created Alti/Paraietta mill.
        (And wouldn't /that/ just make Kaimu flip?)
        .oO("YOUDUMBASS DOMINOS FAGS" )
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006

          > On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 02:46:18 -0000, "Susan Davis"
          > <futabachan@...> wrote:
          >
          > > And next week's events look to be what I expected episode 26 to be
          > > about. What will happen in 25 and 26, I wonder? Well, one thing is
          > > obvious....
          >
          > Well, perhaps a couple of things...

          A couple, yeah...

          > Aaeru was very cute this episode. Good to see Floe's clues are finally
          > beginning to stick. Aww.

          Nice to see that Floe, for all her flouncy flibbertygibness, is
          actually all in there as I suspected.

          > Also, yet more grist to my recently-created Alti/Paraietta mill.
          > (And wouldn't /that/ just make Kaimu flip?)

          Love the idea. For every possible reason.

        • Adam Jones
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006
            On 05-Sep-2006 12:26 -0000, atheniag wrote:
            > > Also, yet more grist to my recently-created Alti/Paraietta mill.
            > > (And wouldn't /that/ just make Kaimu flip?)
            > Love the idea. For every possible reason.

            For starters, as episode 22 showed, Alti would seem to be a /far/
            healthier influence on poor fragile Paraietta.

            It's interesting to see which of the characters have grown up, and how
            they're beginning to help the others along. Morinas and Alti in
            particular have clearly learned a lot.
            .oO("I am not chained to teh computers!" )
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Jones" <adam@...> wrote:

              > On 05-Sep-2006 12:26 -0000, atheniag wrote:
              > > > Also, yet more grist to my recently-created Alti/Paraietta mill.
              > > > (And wouldn't /that/ just make Kaimu flip?)
              > > Love the idea. For every possible reason.
              >
              > For starters, as episode 22 showed, Alti would seem to be a /far/
              > healthier influence on poor fragile Paraietta.

              Absolutely. Alti also seems much less freakish than she was originally
              portrayed. I'm told that in the novel she does have a serious siscon,
              but here, not really.

              > It's interesting to see which of the characters have grown up, and how
              > they're beginning to help the others along. Morinas and Alti in
              > particular have clearly learned a lot.

              Floe too. Everyone discounts her because she's whiny and
              confrontational, but she's never been wrong, either.

              It would be nice to see Parietta get out of her particular prison
              before she dies. LOL (Not a spoiler!! If she does, it was just a lucky
              guess!)

              Adam, clearly we're going to have to write an Alti x Parietta story.
              Get cracking on the plot. :-)

              And I've decided that Amuria should be alive, so Aeru can kill her. LOL

              Cheers,

              Erica (boy would the story be different if *I* wrote it...)
            • Adam Jones
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006
                On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 19:42:26 -0000, "atheniag"
                <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
                > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Jones" <adam@...> wrote:

                > > For starters, as episode 22 showed, Alti would seem to be a /far/
                > > healthier influence on poor fragile Paraietta.
                > Absolutely. Alti also seems much less freakish than she was originally
                > portrayed. I'm told that in the novel she does have a serious siscon,
                > but here, not really.

                There's a novel? It'll be interesting to see if anyone translates it...
                (Hah! Some chance.)

                > > It's interesting to see which of the characters have grown up, and
                > > how they're beginning to help the others along. Morinas and Alti in
                > > particular have clearly learned a lot.
                > Floe too. Everyone discounts her because she's whiny and
                > confrontational, but she's never been wrong, either.

                I don't know about her always being correct, but she's the only one who
                regularly speaks her mind, certainly.

                > It would be nice to see Parietta get out of her particular prison
                > before she dies.

                Episode 23 seems to suggest that she's well on the way to doing so, I'd
                say.

                > Adam, clearly we're going to have to write an Alti x Parietta story.
                > Get cracking on the plot. :-)

                You mean it needs a plot? Darn.

                > And I've decided that Amuria should be alive, so Aeru can kill her.

                I think she certainly needs to be alive to maximise the angst
                potential, but as to how to get rid of her again... Well, I was almost
                tempted by the idea of an Aaeru/Amuria pairing just for perversity.

                > Erica (boy would the story be different if *I* wrote it...)

                Wherl, there'd be more sex, for one thing...
                .oO("DUUUUHHH :P!! What are you old?" )
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006

                  > There's a novel? It'll be interesting to see if anyone translates
                  it...
                  > (Hah! Some chance.)

                  Yeah, I just got it in the other day. The pictures are primarily
                  neviriru and aueru kissing.

                  I have no intention of translating it...I'm almost done with Marimite
                  15 and it's KILLING me to translate a novel in my "haha" free time.

                  > I don't know about her always being correct, but she's the only one
                  who
                  > regularly speaks her mind, certainly.

                  What has she been wrong about?

                  > > It would be nice to see Parietta get out of her particular prison
                  > > before she dies.
                  >
                  > Episode 23 seems to suggest that she's well on the way to doing so,
                  I'd
                  > say.

                  Yepper

                  > > Adam, clearly we're going to have to write an Alti x Parietta
                  story.
                  > > Get cracking on the plot. :-)
                  >
                  > You mean it needs a plot? Darn.

                  Then we're writing different stories. :-)

                  > > And I've decided that Amuria should be alive, so Aeru can kill
                  her.

                  > I think she certainly needs to be alive to maximise the angst
                  > potential, but as to how to get rid of her again... Well, I was
                  almost
                  > tempted by the idea of an Aaeru/Amuria pairing just for perversity.
                  >
                  > > Erica (boy would the story be different if *I* wrote it...)
                  >
                  > Wherl, there'd be more sex, for one thing...

                  lol

                  Did you exclaim "Oh, for pity's SAKE!" when the announcement was
                  made? I cannot believe they did it AGAIN, for what, the fourth time?

                  There's only so many times you can use any plot device before it
                  becomes hopelessly absurd. If I were in Chor T, I would have started
                  to giggle, I just know it.

                  > --
                  > Adam Jones (adam@...)(http://www.yggdrasl.demon.co.uk/)
                  > .oO("DUUUUHHH :P!! What are you