[OT] Shameless plug for a friend's book

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2006
      Hi all -

      I would not be surprised to find that there are at least a few Buffy,
      The Vampire Slayer fans among the crowd here, so I thought I might
      take a moment to shamlessly promote a book a friend of mine has written.

      Jennifer Ouelette, author of "Black Bodies and Quantum Cats" (If you
      read Okazu, you might recognize the title of the book I reviewed when
      I was out lecturing at the U. Illinois:
      http://okazu.blogspot.com/2006/03/physics-fun.html)is a HUGE Buffy
      fan. So huge, she decided to write a book about the series. But being
      Jen, she can't just write some stupid fannish paean to the thing - no,
      she has to write intelligently, nay, brilliantly, about the science of
      it all.

      http://twistedphysics.typepad.com/cocktail_party_physics/2006/08/slaying_with_sc.html

      So if you are a fan of Buffy, or of physics, or of well-written books
      about science and pop culture, let me recommend to you "The Physics of
      the Buffyverse" by Jennifer Ouelette. As she comments on her blog,
      linked above, the book is already up on Amazon, but will not be out
      until later this year, early '07. It'll make great holiday reading. :-)