Re: Spoilery reactions to Simoun episode 21

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 24, 2006

      Here be random words in a row that will fill the space needed by
      Y!groups to avoide spoilering.

      > AVAST!
      >

      > HERE
      >

      > BE
      >

      > SPOILERS
      >

      > ME
      >

      > HEARTIES!
      >

      > Dear Simulacran Military.
      >
      > Does the phrase "Combat Air Patrol" mean anything to you?
      >
      > Learn, guys. Quickly.
      >
      > Signed,
      > The Clue Police

      Dear Clue Police -

      Our military strategy comes to us directly from GOD and is therefore
      infallable. You are a heretic and must die.

      Signed,
      The Benevolent and Peaceful Nation of Simulacran

      (Having written that, I relaize that it basically explains everything
      about most wars and I will now curl into a ball and cry.)

      > Also: Just who is our Lady In Grey, I wonder? Anyone taking bets
      > on the answer beginning with "A"?

      Nah. I don't buy it. I think she is what she is. Or she's a Simoun.
      No, seriously.

      > Leaving flakes of gold behind her seems a fairly clear reference to the
      > Philosopher's Stone (or the Philosophic Mercury?) - anyone with
      > alchemical clues care to give an idiots' guide here?

      Mercury sould be silverish, y'know quicksilver and all.

      This is from http://dictionary.laborlawtalk.com/alchemical:

      "The transmutation of base metals into gold symbolized an endeavour
      toward perfection or the highest heights of actual existence. The
      alchemists believed that the whole universe was tending towards a
      state of perfection; and gold, due to its immunity to decay, was
      considered to be the most perfect of substances. By attempting to
      transmute base metals into gold, they were, in effect, trying to give
      the universe a helping hand. It was also logical to think that
      understanding the secret of gold's immutability might provide the key
      to ward off disease and organic decay; hence the intertwining of
      chemical, spiritual and astrological themes that was characteristic of
      medieval alchemy."

      What they said.

      > "What small hands you have, Aaeru..."
      > "All the better to <cough> you <choke>
      > On second thoughts, I'll stop that idea *right* there. ;)
      >

      > Assuming Aaeru and Neviril are going flying rather soon, what's Yun
      > going to do, I wonder? Will she rejoin her friends in the good way or
      > the bad way? And is she about to learn something that Neviril can't be
      > told?

      My guess is that Yun is the next to go. (I kind of though I saw her
      packing a red shirt there...) but it's no worries. Because at this
      point my projection for the ending of the entire series is this:

      The entirety of Chor Tempest will Emerald remersion.

      Knowing what we do know - which is admittedly not alot - this would
      make a good end for the series. It sets up any number of
      sequel/prequel/sidequels should they desire to go ahead with this or
      any other project, and allows for an evocative, emotional open end in
      the case that nothing is done with the series.

      And it gives us fanfic writers someplace to play.

      > And When In The World Is Carmen Dominura?

      Somewhere in the middle of Scrapped Princess, I think. :-)