This week's stolen meme on Starwberry Panic

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2006
      Hmm, where do we begin, really?

      The obvious match with Maria-sama ga Miteru: Ibara no Mori (Forest of
      Thorns) is so obvious, that someone on 2chana actually did a screencap
      montage of the two. :-)

      But I feel that the stolen memes go deeper, to basic core early yuri
      stories:

      Catholic Schoolgirl Lesbianism
      Lesbian Sex=Death
      Tragic Lesbian Love Triangle
      Transfer/New Student Trouble

      So along with Maria-sama ga Miteru, I'm invoking "Shiroi Heya no
      Futari", the first tragic yuri manga set at a Catholic/French girls'
      school. Erin will undoubtedly fill in all the others I've missed. :-)

      BTW, recently, since I've begun mentioning that SP is clearly ripping
      off Marimite in yuri panels, I've gotten alot of comments on the order
      of either "You're wrong, SP is really great writing" or "You're wrong,
      SP isn't ripping off Marimite."

      I respect people's right to have another opinion, but I have to ask -
      what on EARTH are they watching? This series steals so much, so
      openly, from Marimite, I have to wonder where and at what are they
      looking. LOL