Re: Not very spoilery reaction to Simoun 18

  • rwslaugh
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Davis" <futabachan@...> wrote:

      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Shane M <yoarashi01@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Why do they PERSIST in doing things that they have
      > > ALREADY DONE, when those things DIDN'T WORK THE FIRST
      > > TIME!?
      >
      > I could ask that question of a number of governments, actually....
      >
      > --
      > Susan Davis <futabachan@...>

      We see this all the time in real life. Some people, specially people
      in power, will put their own interests and grudges ahead of the common
      good. Also, Chor Tempest made more than its share of enemies in both
      the government and the Priesthood (Priestesshood?). Throw in Aaeru's
      mysterious grandfather and you have a real political mess.

      And lets be thankful that Paraietta didn't go into some nonsensical
      spiel about global warming while making her move on Neviril.

      Regards,

      Bob