This week's stolen meme(s) on Strawberry Panic

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
      Whee! A veritable cornucopia of homages this week!

      Spoilers, but really, who cares?

      In no particular order...

      Maria-sama ga Miteru gets two hits this week, for the summer home and
      for "Kaori".

      Oniisama E for the highly melodramatic weather

      and

      Jane Austen's "Sense and Sensibility".

      Plus a soupcon of every other gothic romance ever.

      ***

      If you took the weather out of this episode what is left is about 5
      minutes of fairly predictable conversation.

      ***

      SPOILER

      SPACE

      ON THE

      OFF CHANCE

      ANYONE

      CARES

      My guess is that Kaori is Miyuki's little sister. She was, I think
      *obviously*, Tamao's roommate.

      Anyone else?

    • Erin Subramanian
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2006
        atheniag wrote:
        > Whee! A veritable cornucopia of homages this week!
        >
        > Spoilers, but really, who cares?
        >
        > In no particular order...
        >
        > Maria-sama ga Miteru gets two hits this week, for the summer home and
        > for "Kaori".
        >
        > Oniisama E for the highly melodramatic weather

        The summer home is also a hit for Oniisama e-- the whole plot of going
        to a summer home where Shizuma(Fukiko) spent time with a lost love (and
        hasn't been back since, if I remember correctly) happens in Oniisama e
        as well. Shizuma just needs to start smashing figurines. lol

        Erin
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5, 2006
          >From: Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@...>
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] This week's stolen meme(s) on Strawberry Panic
          >Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 18:57:06 -0400
          >

          >The summer home is also a hit for Oniisama e-- the whole plot of going
          >to a summer home where Shizuma(Fukiko) spent time with a lost love (and
          >hasn't been back since, if I remember correctly) happens in Oniisama e
          >as well. Shizuma just needs to start smashing figurines. lol

          Duh - so is the whole piano drama thing. Fukiko has the whole "I'll never
          play that song again as long as I live" meme.

          I renew my bet that Kaori was Miyuki's younger sister, because Henmi is
          Nanako's older brother.