Not very spoilery reaction to Simoun 18

  • Shane M
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
      WHY!?

      Why do they PERSIST in doing things that they have
      ALREADY DONE, when those things DIDN'T WORK THE FIRST
      TIME!?

      Indeed! Let us ruin the BEST THING about the Chor! We
      have a perfectly good bunch of pairs, LET US RUIN THE
      BEST ONE.

      Sibyllae aren't PEOPLE! They don't have FEELINGS!

      What a wonderful plan! We will surely be victorious!

      Until the Sibyllae mutiny, anyway.

      -.-

      Dear writers: I hate you.

      ~Shane

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Susan Davis
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Shane M <yoarashi01@...> wrote:

        > Why do they PERSIST in doing things that they have
        > ALREADY DONE, when those things DIDN'T WORK THE FIRST
        > TIME!?

        I could ask that question of a number of governments, actually....

        --
        Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
      • rwslaugh
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Davis" <futabachan@...> wrote:

          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Shane M <yoarashi01@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Why do they PERSIST in doing things that they have
          > > ALREADY DONE, when those things DIDN'T WORK THE FIRST
          > > TIME!?
          >
          > I could ask that question of a number of governments, actually....
          >
          > --
          > Susan Davis <futabachan@...>

          We see this all the time in real life. Some people, specially people
          in power, will put their own interests and grudges ahead of the common
          good. Also, Chor Tempest made more than its share of enemies in both
          the government and the Priesthood (Priestesshood?). Throw in Aaeru's
          mysterious grandfather and you have a real political mess.

          And lets be thankful that Paraietta didn't go into some nonsensical
          spiel about global warming while making her move on Neviril.

          Regards,

          Bob