Simoun 18 speculation (SPOILERS!)

  • Adam Jones
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
      SPOILER

      SPACE

      BECAUSE

      WELL

      DUH...

      ...and when I say "foreboding", I mean "farewell, Mamiina".

      Given the events of this episode, she's currently scoring a good 8.5
      on the stiff-o-meter. Consider:

      - Rodore's lullaby (still playing as they take off)

      - Yun's finally-completed soul-catcher (on their windowsill, no less)

      - That the religious hierarchy are prepared to give a funeral to an
      enemy who they consider as a sibylla, but that she's not even allowed
      to attend

      - The next episode's title

      - She's about to achieve her original dream (of flying with Neviril),
      and has clearly (even if she can't accept it) achieved her present
      one as well

      - "I thought you might be too nervous to sleep" (Indeed, that whole
      scene screams impending knife-twisting)

      Also, I don't think Parietta's quite fallen far enough for them to
      bump her off just yet.

      Of course, killing another of Neviril's pairs would be rather
      unfortunate... I'll be glad to be proven wrong, but right at the
      second I don't think she could be more doomed if her name was
      Doomed McDoomed of the Clan McDoomed.
      .oO("Boom and if you will arse." )
    • Susan Davis
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006

        > SPOILER
        >

        > SPACE
        >

        > BECAUSE
        >

        > WELL
        >

        > DUH...
        >

        > ...and when I say "foreboding", I mean "farewell, Mamiina".

        I don't think so. I think Mamiina x Rodo is the feel-good romantic
        relief, along with Wapo-chan x Morinas. Of course, that fact may make
        Mamiina even more of a knife-twist, but I'd expect them to lose an
        entire Simoun rather than just one sibylla from one.

        Hmm, so who's the doomed Simoun, then? Paraietta and Kaimu? Alti and
        Floe?

        Maximum romantic pathos points if they scrag Rodo and Morinas before
        Rodo and Mamiina even have a chance to become a pair, and Morinas and
        Wapo-chan have a chance to make up....

        --
        Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
      • Adam Jones
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
          On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 18:48:36 -0000, "Susan Davis"
          <futabachan@...> wrote:

          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Adam Jones <adam@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > SPOILER
          > >

          > > SPACE
          > >

          > > BECAUSE
          > >

          > > WELL
          > >

          > > DUH...
          > >

          > > ...and when I say "foreboding", I mean "farewell, Mamiina".
          >
          > I don't think so. I think Mamiina x Rodo is the feel-good romantic
          > relief, along with Wapo-chan x Morinas.

          WxM has been more angsty than feel-good of late... And if they're
          going to shatter MxR, now would be the optimally evil time. Of course,
          I'm assuming the writers know how to be cruel.

          > I'd expect them to lose an entire Simoun rather than just one sibylla
          > from one.

          That's a valid point, certainly. On the other hand, I can just see
          someone getting a nasty bullet-wound but hanging on long enough for the
          other to kill their attacker and then watch them die poetically.

          (Okay, okay, so this is why I should never be allowed to write for a
          show like this.)

          > Hmm, so who's the doomed Simoun, then? Paraietta and Kaimu? Alti and
          > Floe?

          Both seem pretty unlikely. We do see Floe flinching away from an
          explosion of some sort, which suggests it's not her blowing up.

          (Hmm. What happens if you blow up a Simoun with guns from close range?)

          > Maximum romantic pathos points if they scrag Rodo and Morinas before
          > Rodo and Mamiina even have a chance to become a pair, and Morinas and
          > Wapo-chan have a chance to make up....

          Yow. That's the Hideaki Anno option right there. "I hate you,
          audience!" ;)
          .oO("I thought you two were flirting..." )