[WWW]Yuricon site update - new AMVs, Contest, SnR

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 30, 2006
      Once again, lots of things to see and do on the Yuricon website!

      The Yuri Events Page has been updated. Join us for the Otakon Yuri
      panel on Friday, August 4 at 9PM in Panel Room 3! This is your big
      chance to meet most of the Yuricon organizing staff, to ask questions
      from some of the world's leading experts on yuri - and don't leave
      early. We have a big announcement at the end of the panel that you
      shouldn't miss! Check out all the Yuri events at http://
      www.yuricon.org/events/

      Three new chapters of "Saiyuu no Ryouko: The Continuing Adventures of
      Yuriko" are now online! Visit the SnB/SnR page for updates: http://
      www.yuricon.org/snb/

      And for Yuriko fans everywhere - it's time for the 2006 Yuricon
      Fanfic Contest! This year's theme is an alternate-universe for Yuri
      and her friends. Yuriko the cowboy, the space alien, the fish, all's
      fair in fanfic. Submissions will be accepted from August 15, so get
      writing *your* version of Yuriko's hunky mascot! Check the contest
      rules at: http://www.yuricon.org/contests/

      Speaking of contests - the winners of the 2006 AMV contest - and all
      the rest of the wonderful contest submissions - are up on Yuri
      Studios! Check out bakablonde's yurified version of Appleseed, and
      Kyanite's powerful Silent Mobius video - don't forget to congratulate
      our winners. Our thanks to everyone who entered - this was a good
      year for Yuri! http://www.yuricon.org/videos/

      Don't forget to drop by the Yuricon Shop, where we've added new
      anime, new manga in English and Japanese, new Drama CDs and even a
      new T-shirt design! Celebrate your love of yuri in style with the
      spiffy new black "I Love Yuri" tee. http://www.yuricon.org/shop/

      Yuricon - "For real women who like their women....animated"
      http://www.yuricon.org
    • Reese Dorrycott
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 31, 2006

        > Once again, lots of things to see and do on the Yuricon website!

        > our winners. Our thanks to everyone who entered - this was a good
        > year for Yuri! http://www.yuricon.org/videos/

        Well... I must have the worst computer in town. I right clicked SAVED
        AS both Yuriseed and Luicfer. Core Media Player, Windows Media
        Player, DIVX. All with latest codecs, no joy.

        Left clicking results in a screen filled with ASCII characters.

        Mr. David R. Dorrycott
        www.naorhy.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2006
          >From: "Reese Dorrycott" <rhys@...>
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: [WWW]Yuricon site update - new AMVs, Contest, SnR
          >Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 03:43:01 -0000
          >
          >--- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Once again, lots of things to see and do on the Yuricon website!
          >
          > > our winners. Our thanks to everyone who entered - this was a good
          > > year for Yuri! http://www.yuricon.org/videos/

          There was a glitch with the links. They should be working now.

        • kyanite_d
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2006
            Hello.

            I'm sorry, I didn't see this earlier.

            Lucifer's Angels is encoded in Windows Media 9 / 9.1

            Most of the other times the playback problem could be solved by enabling automatic download of needed codecs in Windows Media Player ( "Tools" => "Options" => "Player" => Check "Download codecs automatically".

            This may also help:

            Appleseed is encoded in Windows Media V8, which is included in the download package.

            -kya

            > Once again, lots of things to see and do on the Yuricon website!

            > our winners. Our thanks to everyone who entered - this was a good
            > year for Yuri! http://www.yuricon. org/videos/

            Well... I must have the worst computer in town. I right clicked SAVED
            AS both Yuriseed and Luicfer. Core Media Player, Windows Media
            Player, DIVX. All with latest codecs, no joy.

            Left clicking results in a screen filled with ASCII characters.

            Mr. David R. Dorrycott
            www.naorhy.com

            Do you Yahoo!?
          • Reese Dorrycott
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 2, 2006
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, kyanite_d <kyanite_d@...> wrote:

              > Hello.
              >
              > I'm sorry, I didn't see this earlier.
              >

              > Lucifer's Angels is encoded in Windows Media 9 / 9.1
              >
              > Most of the other times the playback problem could be solved by
              enabling automatic download of needed codecs in Windows Media Player (
              "Tools" => "Options" => "Player" => Check "Download codecs automatically".

              Thank you I did try these two suggestions and there was a minor
              update. Still YURISEED will not play. I have not tried the rest. I
              think that I will simply have to miss this one and any others that do
              not play on my system as it is. Again, thank you for the attempt.

              Mr. David R. Dorrycott
              www.naorhy.com