New poll for Yuricon

  • Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 25, 2006
      Yuricon group:

      Apparently, Etoiles are chosen in pairs. So now who's the next Etoile?

      o Shizuma and Nagisa
      o Amane and Hikari
      o The Evil Psycho Lesbian Duo
      o Dominura and Limone
      o Kagome and Percival the Bear
      o Star Bride and Amane's Spiffy Yellow Scarf
      o Chikaru

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 25, 2006
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Yuricon@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > Yuricon group:
        >
        > Apparently, Etoiles are chosen in pairs. So now who's the next Etoile?
        >
        > o Shizuma and Nagisa
        > o Amane and Hikari
        > o The Evil Psycho Lesbian Duo
        > o Dominura and Limone
        > o Kagome and Percival the Bear
        > o Star Bride and Amane's Spiffy Yellow Scarf
        > o Chikaru

        The Evil Lesbian Duo will win. And here's why:

        Shizuma will, naturally, take the early lead, but ultimately her
        desire for Nagisa will force her out of the race, and the two of them
        will run away together to raise alpacas on a small farm.

        Amane and Hikari will not be able to stop looking at each other long
        enough to accept the position when it is offered to them.

        Dominura and Limone, as a teacher-student pair, are unsuitable.
        Dominura vows to wait for Limone to turn eighteen and try again.

        Kagome is lost in the forest chasing after Percival the Bear, never to
        be seen again. Bones are found outside a cave which a bear has occupied...

        Star Bride and the yellow scarf are purchased by a traveling circus
        and rise to fame and fortune together. They make the cover of the
        national papers in an ugly split up.

        Chikaru and her harem are unavailable for comment, except through her
        publicist, who maintains that Chikaru has no interest in being Etoile.

        Leaving Kaname and Momomi to take the position. They abuse it to the
        point of having it revoked from them, then the position of Etoile is
        removed completely from the school council. They are expelled and
        become a popular "entertainment" act on the club circuit.

        This is all just my guess, of course. :-)

      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 27, 2006
          On Jul 25, 2006, at 2:24 PM, atheniag wrote:

          Enter your vote today!  A new poll has been created for the
          Yuricon group:

          Apparently, Etoiles are chosen in pairs.  So now who's the next Etoile?

            o Shizuma and Nagisa
            o Amane and Hikari
            o The Evil Psycho Lesbian Duo
            o Dominura and Limone
            o Kagome and Percival the Bear
            o Star Bride and Amane's Spiffy Yellow Scarf
            o Chikaru

          The Evil Lesbian Duo will win. And here's why:

          I think you meant to say "should" here. Although no matter how much we wish it weren't so, Nagisa and Shizuma are our heroes and given the competence of the writing staff I don't think we'll see something as interesting as having Kaname and Momomi pull out the upset.

          Oh, and can someone remind me why these two are Evil again. And please don't tell me it's because they rut like weasels, otherwise I'm the second coming of Pol Pot. ;)

          Shizuma will, naturally, take the early lead, but ultimately her
          desire for Nagisa will force her out of the race, and the two of them
          will run away together to raise alpacas on a small farm.

          Tee-hee.

          Amane and Hikari will not be able to stop looking at each other long
          enough to accept the position when it is offered to them.

          Both will later to have been found dead from exposure and starvation. ;) Kiss her already, dammit!!

          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 27, 2006
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

            > > The Evil Lesbian Duo will win. And here's why:
            >
            > I think you meant to say "should" here.

            Not even anymore. They've been "Natsuki"ed and have no evil left.

            > Oh, and can someone remind me why these two are Evil again.

            Rape attempt, harrassment, rape attempt, erm, the worst (or best
            pickup line ever.

            As I said, they've had their evil surgically removed now and are
            merely ineffectively irksome. What *I* don't get is why they want to
            be Etoile so much...seems like a dreadfully dull job to me.

            Present these flowers, sing documents, preside over the council
            meeting, formally congratulate A-ko, etc, etc. Blecch. This is EXACTLY
            why ruling the country/world/universe never sounded appealing to me.
            Too much paperwork.

            And
            > please don't tell me it's because they rut like weasels, otherwise
            > I'm the second coming of Pol Pot. ;)

            Stop.

            > Both will later to have been found dead from exposure and
            > starvation. ;) Kiss her already, dammit!!

            Their love is *pure*. They wear white and Amane's name refers to
            heaven, Hikari is constantly likened to an angel. They will not be
            kissing anytime soon.

            Now Shizuma's name, Hanazono, is a clear cipher for the garden of
            earthly delights (no I'm not making this up - Himitsu Hanazono/Secret
            Garden is used in so many yaoi and yuri stories that it's quite
            impossible to list them all). Miator uniforms are black. And they have
            no only kissed, but Shizuma has come rather close to seduction.

            Black is going to win - the contest. Whether they win the Kingdom of
            Heaven is still up for grabs. Bets anyone?

            Cheers,

            Lucifer
          • Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            Message 5 of 24 , Sep 15, 2007
              Yuricon group:

              When you first became interested in Yuri anime and manga were you already a fan of anime and manga?

              o Total otaku, even before I heard of Yuri
              o I watched or read some, but Yuri is what really drew me in
              o It was simultaneous - saw Yuri, became a fan
              o Never really cared much until I found a Yuri series I liked
              o Was looking for good lesbian media and came across Yuri
              o Don't really even know how to answer this

              web site listed above.

              Thanks!
            • Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 24 , Feb 21, 2008
                Yuricon group:

                You've applied to go to school at Astrea. Which school do you attend?

                o St. Miator
                o St. Spica
                o St. Lu Lim

                web site listed above.

                Thanks!
              • Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 12, 2008
                  Yuricon group:

                  Which is your favorite uniform in Strawberry Panic?

                  o St. Miator
                  o St. Spica
                  o St. Lu Lim

                  web site listed above.

                  Thanks!
                • Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                  Message 8 of 24 , May 14, 2008
                    Yuricon group:

                    Where do you live?

                    o North America
                    o South America
                    o Europe
                    o Middle East
                    o Central Asia
                    o Asia
                    o Oceania (including Australia and New Zealand)
                    o Africa
                    o Other

                    web site listed above.

                    Thanks!
                  • Grisznak
                    Message 9 of 24 , May 14, 2008
                      I haven't yahoo account, so I can only write it here: Europe.
                      regards
                      Grisznak

                      2008/5/14 <Yuricon@yahoogroups.com>:

                      > Yuricon group:
                      >
                      > Where do you live?
                      >
                      > o North America
                      > o South America
                      > o Europe
                      > o Middle East
                      > o Central Asia
                      > o Asia
                      > o Oceania (including Australia and New Zealand)
                      > o Africa
                      > o Other

                      > web site listed above.
                      >
                      > Thanks!

                    • Ah... Me
                      Message 10 of 24 , May 14, 2008
                        It doesn't matter if you have an account w/Yahoo.... You're a member of the "Group" so are allowed into the "Group" site... Follow the link

                        thespi

                        Grisznak <grisznakiw@...> wrote:
                        I haven't yahoo account, so I can only write it here: Europe.
                        regards
                        Grisznak

                        2008/5/14 <Yuricon@yahoogroups .com>:

                        > Yuricon group:
                        >
                        > Where do you live?
                        >
                        > o North America
                        > o South America
                        > o Europe
                        > o Middle East
                        > o Central Asia
                        > o Asia
                        > o Oceania (including Australia and New Zealand)
                        > o Africa
                        > o Other

                        > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Yuricon/ surveys?id= 12763561

                        > web site listed above.
                        >
                        > Thanks!

                        The only reason that cats tolerate humans is that they haven't found a
                        better slave race, YET.

                        "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

                      • Grisznak
                        Message 11 of 24 , May 14, 2008
                          I thought so, but when I click on the link, it asks me about yahoo
                          login and password.
                          regards
                          Grisznak

                          Message 12 of 24 , Jun 13, 2008
                            Yuricon group:

                            Which Marimite character do you identify most with ?
                            If you were actually attending Lilian Gakuen,
                            your everyday life would be like that of...

                            I wonder if Sei is really going to be number 1(she seems
                            so incredibly popular) and whether secondary characters such
                            as Tamura Chisato or Katou Kei will even stand a chance...
                            It's all up to you !

                            o Fukuzawa Yumi
                            o Ogasawara Sachiko
                            o Hasekura Rei
                            o Shimazu Yoshino
                            o Satou Sei
                            o Toudou Shimako
                            o Mizuno Youko
                            o Torii Eriko
                            o Nijou Noriko
                            o Matsudaira Touko
                            o Hosokawa Kanako
                            o Shizuka Kanina
                            o Kubou Shiori
                            o Takeshima Tsutako
                            o Tsukiyama Minako
                            o Yamaguchi Mami
                            o Tanuma Chisato
                            o Fukuzawa Yuuki
                            o Kashiwagi Suguru
                            o Katou Kei
                            o Arima Nana (for those who, unlike me, know the latest light novels!!!)
                            o Satou Sei's onee-sama, the former Rosa Gigantea starring in the Forest of Thorns story (whats her name again? Do we even know?If you do, please tell me!)
                            o Kasuga Seiko aka "Suga Sei"
                            o None of those or nobody in particular
                            o Give me a break, this is real life ! I can't even imagine myself attending Lilian !!!

                            web site listed above.

                            Thanks!
                          • Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jun 13, 2008
                              Yuricon group:

                              A fan's dilemma : which version of Marimite is better ?

                              Since "good" doesn't really mean anything,
                              how about rephrasing this a little and switching to :

                              "A fan's dilemma 2 : which version of Marimite conveys
                              the characters' emotions best ? Through what medium
                              did you feel the most empathy with the characters ?"

                              The anime has the voices of the seiyuu to give life
                              to Yumi and friends, but the manga has its own charms too,
                              and the novels leave the best parts of the story to you and
                              your imagination... which one should I choose ?

                              o the light novels are number 1, no doubt about it !
                              o the manga is the best and that's that !
                              o the anime is definately far ahead of the other versions !
                              o I love them all and I can't just pick one !!!
                              o the light novels and the anime and the light novels are cool, but I don't like the manga
                              o I like the manga and the light novels, but I'm not interested in the light novels
                              o the light novels and the manga are good, but not the anime
                              o I didn't read/watch/smoke/eat/sing/play any of that "Marimite" thing you keep telling me about !
                              o Maribato, the doushinji fighting game tops everything else (although it only conveys rahter violent feelings,..)
                              o The original stories were good, but doushinji and fanfics are even better !
                              o The marimite characters don't convey any feelings at all, and the story sucks anyway (prepare to get yourself a lot of brand new ennemies if you pick this one! Luckily for you, the votes are anonymous !!!)

                              web site listed above.

                              Thanks!
                            • Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jun 15, 2008
                                Yuricon group:

                                A question of gender : how much are guys interested in Yuri ?
                                Does yuri have a specifically female audience?
                                The answer to that last question should be pretty easy (and it's of course no).
                                But what is the precise proportion between male and female yuri fans here at Yuricon?
                                Could it be that there are actually more boys interested in Yuri than girls (I think I've heard somewhere that Yaoi fans are mainly girls, so it would be logical in a certain way to have a "mirror effect" between the two genres)

                                In order to find out, you just need to say whether you're a boy or a girl !

                                o I'm a girl
                                o I'm a boy
                                o I consider myself neither as a boy or a girl

                                web site listed above.

                                Thanks!
                              • Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                                Message 15 of 24 , Jul 31, 2008
                                  Yuricon group:

                                  in strawberry panic do you think that nagisa should have ended up with shizuma or tamao

                                  o shizuma like it already is!
                                  o no way! tamao should have!

                                  web site listed above.

                                  Thanks!
                                • Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Apr 13, 2011
                                    Yuricon group:

                                    For the very first Yuricon contest to inaugurate the new website, would you prefer to:

                                    o Draw a Picture of Yuriko and her friends? (Art Contest)
                                    o Write a story about Yuriko and her friends (Fanfic Contest)
                                    o Make a Yuri AMV?

                                    web site listed above.

                                    Thanks!
                                  • Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Aug 23 5:14 PM
                                      Yuricon group:

                                      Do you prefer to read manga or watch anime?

                                      o Read manga
                                      o Watch anime

                                      web site listed above.

                                      Thanks!