Simoun manga and, erm, Simoun manga

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22 2:43 PM
      So, got my Yuri Hime 5. Yay! Lots good, some things that are "missing" and I
      hope for more in future volumes.

      And the final chapter of the Simoun manga.

      Yes - chapter three is the last chapter. They basically cut out any plot,
      the entire war, mostly everthing, except a brief
      argument/discussion/seduction between Parietta and Neviriru, who realizes
      why she wants to fly with Aeru, and stomped the manga flat. Despite the
      fact that it does nothing and goes almost nowhere (and has at least one
      character who shows up, is never named, leaves and is never heard from
      again), a collected volume is being put out this autumn.

      So much for a rich storyline there. I was sorely disappointed.

      And don't expect a rich storyline in the Simoun manga running in Megami
      magazine, either - it's pretty clear at a QUICK glance, that it's a Mai
      Otome "homage". Aeru is clearly Arika and it moves on from there with no
      real brain cells necessary. Looks fun - I predict enough pages for one
      collected volume for that, as well.