This week's stolen meme in "Strawberry Panic"

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2006
      Well, obviously, this week's stoilen meme is....

      "Carmen" by Mérimée/Bizet.

      And you know, I think they did a reasonable job of it too. :-)

      Our EPLs (TM) sort of lamed out with the old "sabotage the heel of the
      shoe" trick, but I expect them back soon with an even stupider, lamer
      bid for attention. :-)

      Chikaru continues to be my dark horse favorite.

      Yaya, Momomi and Kaname have all been touched with the "Kuga Natsuki"
      stick and have had their cool sucked away from them, leaving not much
      more than shells to be mocked.

      Nagisa, for once, was not annoying.

    • Susan Davis
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 20, 2006

        > And you know, I think they did a reasonable job of it too. :-)

        Aside from the Jose / Escamillo duel in the third act, they were
        remarkably faithful, down to Micaela showing up in the second act to
        pull Jose away because of his ailing mother. And Chikaru was an
        inspired casting choice as Carmen.

        I kept expecting to hear the Habanera or the Toreador song, even
        though it was a play....

        --
        Susan Davis <futabachan@...>