Re: New Haruka and Michiru Fanfic on "Worldshaking" Fanfic

  • Susan Davis
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2006
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Reese Dorrycott" <rhys@...> wrote:

      > Telephones are actually secret agents of the evil empire. So I ripped
      > the ringers out of all of mine.

      The ubiquitous ringing black telephones from the Sailor Moon season 5
      episode where Iron Mouse meets her demise have become a running joke
      between my taisetsu no paru and me. We use "ring the black
      telephones" as shorthand to refer to prodding someone into performing
      a task that they've been avoiding. We even went out and got an
      old-fashioned black Western Electric dial telephone from before
      deregulation....

      --
      Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 2006
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Reese Dorrycott" <rhys@...> wrote:

        > Telephones are actually secret agents of the evil empire. So I
        ripped
        > the ringers outy of all of mine. They should too.
        >
        > You know, you CAN mute an answering machine.

        Yes, but the story wouldn't have been nearly as amusing then, would
        it? :-)

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 5, 2006
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Davis" <futabachan@...> wrote:

          > The ubiquitous ringing black telephones from the Sailor Moon season
          5
          > episode where Iron Mouse meets her demise have become a running joke
          > between my taisetsu no paru and me. We use "ring the black
          > telephones" as shorthand to refer to prodding someone into
          performing
          > a task that they've been avoiding. We even went out and got an
          > old-fashioned black Western Electric dial telephone from before
          > deregulation....

          When I was growing up, we had an old bakelite black dial phone in the
          basement. I hated that thing with a passion. lol