Re: New Haruka and Michiru Fanfic on "Worldshaking" Fanfic

  • Reese Dorrycott
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2006
      Telephones are actually secret agents of the evil empire. So I ripped
      the ringers outy of all of mine. They should too.

      You know, you CAN mute an answering machine.
    • Susan Davis
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 2006
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Reese Dorrycott" <rhys@...> wrote:

        > Telephones are actually secret agents of the evil empire. So I ripped
        > the ringers out of all of mine.

        The ubiquitous ringing black telephones from the Sailor Moon season 5
        episode where Iron Mouse meets her demise have become a running joke
        between my taisetsu no paru and me. We use "ring the black
        telephones" as shorthand to refer to prodding someone into performing
        a task that they've been avoiding. We even went out and got an
        old-fashioned black Western Electric dial telephone from before
        deregulation....

        --
        Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 5, 2006
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Reese Dorrycott" <rhys@...> wrote:

          > Telephones are actually secret agents of the evil empire. So I
          ripped
          > the ringers outy of all of mine. They should too.
          >
          > You know, you CAN mute an answering machine.

          Yes, but the story wouldn't have been nearly as amusing then, would
          it? :-)

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 5, 2006
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Davis" <futabachan@...> wrote:

            > The ubiquitous ringing black telephones from the Sailor Moon season
            5
            > episode where Iron Mouse meets her demise have become a running joke
            > between my taisetsu no paru and me. We use "ring the black
            > telephones" as shorthand to refer to prodding someone into
            performing
            > a task that they've been avoiding. We even went out and got an
            > old-fashioned black Western Electric dial telephone from before
            > deregulation....

            When I was growing up, we had an old bakelite black dial phone in the
            basement. I hated that thing with a passion. lol