Marimite news from Anime Expo

  • Shimako Toudou
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2006
      Back from AX in Anaheim and sleep-deprived. Pardon the grammar.

      I'm not sure how many of y'all know who this person is, but Nakajima
      Atsuko is a very famous and prolific character designer, animation
      director, illustrator (among many other jobs). She created the artwork
      for the ending credit sequence of Maria-sama ga Miteru, and
      illustrations for Newtype (Japan) magazine featuring many tender
      moments of the girls outside of school.

      Anyway, she was a guest at Anime Expo that occurred over this weekend.
      Most of the questions asked were related to her involvement with
      GetBackers, Trinity Blood, etc, but a few Marimite-related questions
      snuck in. Hello to my fellow audience members if you're here! Some
      anecdotes from memory:

      In the context of the Yamayukai, her favorite rose color is red
      because Sachiko likes it, which implies who her favorite character is.
      Excellent choice. :D

      She did not know what Marimite was about when she got assigned to work
      on it, but she went back and read the novels and really enjoyed them.
      The touchy-feely ED artwork was a result of all the lesbian overtones
      she noticed in the novels (or something to that effect). You're
      awesome, Nakajima-sensei!

      "Please look forward to the OVA!" :D

      I wanted to know if there's going to be any more stuff after this OVA,
      so I asked. After some rather excruciating moments, I got my question
      across. She said yes! (Cue lots of cheering!) This part is confusing;
      there will be either five volumes in total (the two TV series, the
      soon-to-be released OVA, plus two more OVAs after that), or did she
      mean there will five OVAs made plus the series? Whatever the
      interpretation, that is very good news. I hope they animate the summer
      sports fest novel!

      Thank you, Nakajima-sensei. She was the highlight of AX for me. Clamp who? :D