Re: Simoun 14 - no spoilers

  • Susan Davis
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4 1:07 PM

      > Oh my god, what a great episode.
      >
      > The end was...words fail me.

      What did she see? Who's she going to tell? And is she going to tell
      what she really saw, or make something up?

      -- Sue --
      (going off of Wrex's summary, as I won't be able to see the episode
      until after work)

      --
      Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
    • Adam Jones
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 9 11:00 AM
        LOST

        IN

        (SPOILER)

        SPAAAAAAAAACE!

        On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 20:07:39 -0000, "Susan Davis"
        <futabachan@...> wrote:

        > What did she see? Who's she going to tell? And is she going to tell
        > what she really saw, or make something up?

        The next interesting question, I think, is: whose Simoun did Wapourif
        disassemble?

        I'd assume Dominura's, on the basis that it'd be a bit cheeky of her to
        have someone else's put out of commission like that. Not that that
        would necessarily deter her, mind, but...

        The followup question would be: did Dominura bring her Simoun with her
        to replace the one Chor Tempest lost?

        If so... well, I think we may well discover what happened to Chor
        Dextra.

        Also: someone's watching Dominura? Hmm. Bets on Yun, anyone?

        On another note, I really liked the usage of the sacred/profane
        counterpoints throughout this episode - Wapourif/Dominura (and the
        setting of their meetings); Morinas/Wapourif; Neviril/Aaeru; Morinas
        contrasted with herself when she arrived; possibly Yun/Parietta too.

        Oh, and ending on Morinas in the sunlight with Wapourif in the shadows
        (which would ordinarily have felt a bit heavy-handed, but worked here)
        was a nice touch.
        .oO("Here's an interesting command: SHUT UP!" )
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 9 11:45 AM

          > LOST
          >

          > IN
          >

          > (SPOILER)
          >

          > SPAAAAAAAAACE!
          >

          > On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 20:07:39 -0000, "Susan Davis"
          > <futabachan@...> wrote:
          >
          > > What did she see? Who's she going to tell? And is she going to tell
          > > what she really saw, or make something up?
          >
          > The next interesting question, I think, is: whose Simoun did Wapourif
          > disassemble?
          >
          > I'd assume Dominura's, on the basis that it'd be a bit cheeky of her to
          > have someone else's put out of commission like that. Not that that
          > would necessarily deter her, mind, but...

          Agreed. It was one of the first questions I had.

          > Also: someone's watching Dominura? Hmm. Bets on Yun, anyone?

          I hope so. I've been watching Yun the whole time thinking, there's got
          to be something else here. She's managed to not involve herself at all
          in any of the internal squabbles between the members of CT, but
          there's a watching quality that keeps me wondering about her.

          The tertiary question I have is - is there a resistance to the war
          movement? I've noted in the past that Simulacrum leaders son't make
          terribly good decisions...fighting on all fronts is definitely not a
          good decsision. (Current political commentary here is inevitable -
          let's consider it understood and not, shall we?)

          We see disagreement in all religious organizations, over small and
          large matters. I have to winder if there's an underground anti-war
          movement in Simulacrum, and if Yun might possibly be a member.
          Remember her statement when they all met. "I hate war."

          > On another note, I really liked the usage of the sacred/profane
          > counterpoints throughout this episode - Wapourif/Dominura (and the
          > setting of their meetings); Morinas/Wapourif; Neviril/Aaeru; Morinas
          > contrasted with herself when she arrived; possibly Yun/Parietta too.

          Yes, yes, yes. One of the reasons I liked this episode best so far.

          > Oh, and ending on Morinas in the sunlight with Wapourif in the shadows
          > (which would ordinarily have felt a bit heavy-handed, but worked here)
          > was a nice touch.

          It was still a heavy-handed touch. (Says the girl who hates
          allegory...but loves symbolism.) But I bet we see the sun rise on
          Wapourif again. :-) I'd certainly hate to see anything happen to him.

        • Susan Davis
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 9 7:25 PM

            > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Adam Jones <adam@> wrote:
            > >

            > > LOST
            > >

            > > IN
            > >

            > > (SPOILER)
            > >

            > > SPAAAAAAAAACE!

            So, did anyone else catch Rodo's reaction when Mamiina started talking
            about true love? (Mamiina looks nice with her hair down, btw.)

            Morinas x Wapo-chan: yaoi, straight, or just good buddies with
            wrenches? Tune in next time on "As the Helical Motor Turns."

            --
            Susan Davis <futabachan@...>