Strawberry Panic 14 - spoilers

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2006
      We're reached halfway on SP, and in the interest of actually doing
      some *writing*, the writers have resolved a thing.

      I'm impressed.

      The new opening is better than they old one, but the new ending -
      gah! It was even more horrible than the last. My eyes still feel
      bruised.

      Spoiler

      Space

      Follow

      For

      Those

      Who

      Want

      (In case anyone ever wants to know why I write such long spoiler
      space message - Yahoo!Groups ignores all the > and other non-words,
      and it shows the first however many words of the new message in the
      header. So by writing all this claptrap, I actually allow people to
      NOT get spoiled. Just so you know....)

      Yaya is officially out of the running. Thank heavens. Maybe she and
      Tsubomi can work on getting together, a far better, if contentious,
      relationship.

      But what I really liked about this episode was the microsecond we see
      Chikaru and her harem and realize that those four are the happiest,
      most uncomplicated people at the school.

      I also liked the couple across the hall having a book-throwing fight.
      It made me happy to see another non-main triangle couple for a change.

    • Susan Davis
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2006

        > The new opening is better than they old one, but the new ending -
        > gah! It was even more horrible than the last. My eyes still feel
        > bruised.

        I'm sorry that they've changed the OP song, at least; I thought that
        "Girl in a Maze" was catchy enough to be the least horrible thing
        about the series. Other than Amane's spiffy yellow scarf, that is.

        As for the ending... can *anything* be squickier than the old ED? I
        await this week's fansub in horrified fascination....

        --
        Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
      • Adam Jones
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2006
          On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 20:09:24 -0000, "Susan Davis"
          <futabachan@...> wrote:

          > As for the ending... can *anything* be squickier than the old ED? I
          > await this week's fansub in horrified fascination....

          From Erica on IRC just now:
          http://zip.2chan.net/7/src/1152010932476.jpg

          You really didn't want to ask that question...
          .oO("Endangered Animal Shredder" )
        • twadli3400
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2006

            > On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 20:09:24 -0000, "Susan Davis"
            > <futabachan@...> wrote:
            >
            > > As for the ending... can *anything* be squickier than the old ED? I
            > > await this week's fansub in horrified fascination....
            >
            > From Erica on IRC just now:
            > http://zip.2chan.net/7/src/1152010932476.jpg
            >
            > You really didn't want to ask that question...

            Dang. It just got worse.
          • lamky11
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 8, 2006

              > On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 20:09:24 -0000, "Susan Davis"
              > <futabachan@...> wrote:
              >
              > > As for the ending... can *anything* be squickier than the old ED? I
              > > await this week's fansub in horrified fascination....
              >
              > From Erica on IRC just now:
              > http://zip.2chan.net/7/src/1152010932476.jpg
              >
              > You really didn't want to ask that question...
              > --
              > Adam Jones (adam@...)(http://www.yggdrasl.demon.co.uk/)
              > .oO("Endangered Animal
              Shredder" )