Re: Powerpuff Girls Zed

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Claude Smith <ossadagowah@...> wrote:

      > Hello, everyone!
      >
      > Many of the members of this group expressed interest in the
      > new Powerpuff Girls Zed anime. I have a link to the first
      > episode available in my blog, along with the fan
      > translation of it I just made.

      Just watched it - you did a great job on the translation, so thanks!

      I love the idea of the PPG being made into an anime, which was what
      they were inspired by in the first place. They're kid of cool and
      goofy at the same time.

      I loved the look on Buttercup's face when Mojo Jojo showed up - she
      looked so happy to go fight. :-)

      And I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with HIM. (Will he
      look like Akio from Utena?)

    • redadmiral66
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5, 2006

        > I saw the preview - they've made Buttercup so very, very butch. I
        > like it. lol

        In all seriousness, Buttercup is perhaps *the* butchest anime character
        I've ever seen.
      • Ariel Devorah
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5, 2006
          Doremi-Fansubs has released the first episode.

          http://a.scarywater.net/doremi/
        • Ashley Oharrigan
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 12, 2006
            Ahahahahahahahahehe Japanifed PPG is *so* much better than the original
            version! Theyre all so cute... always liked Blossom the best, but
            Bubbles is cute in this version too. And I love the butch Buttercup! XD

            I wish they had kept mojo rambling like they did in the US version.

            I noticed that some of the styles are kinda like others in the show. The girls teacher looks like the villain in Metropolis, or maybe one of the guys from Area 88 (I think thats the name), The professor and his son, make me think of Speed Racer, and Mojo himself makes me think of Homer Simpson... lol The transformation scenes remind me of CCS, or maybe pretty cure. :P

            Ashley

          • Resop
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 12, 2006
              The transformation scenes reminded me of Ojamajo Doremi.

              Craig