Funniest yuri fan pairing?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2006
      You know how you're trawliing through image boards and fanfics looking
      for something good to look at/read, and you come across some bizarro
      world coupling that someone drew or wrote about and you think, "What
      were they on?"

      Okay, maybe that's me.

      But I thought it might be fun to share some really whacked out
      pairings that you've come across swimming through the murky depths of
      fandumb.

      Having proposed this, I now can't think of a single good example. LOL
      So you'll have to suggest a few to get my brain going again.

      I have read several Anthy x Nanami doujinshi stories which hurt my
      brain for a lot of reasons. That has to be one of the worst pairings I
      can come up with on the spot.

      Another WTF moment I can think of was another doujinshi story in which
      Haruka and Michiru go on a double date with Motoki and Mamoru and they
      all <explicit reference>. But that one wasn't yuri.

      (Now that I think about it, doujinshi are always the worst offenders.
      When I was at Comiket, I really, really wanted a decent Azumanga
      Daioh doujinsh, but the adult ones I saw seemed to be confined to
      Sakaki and Chiyo, which I found repulsive and Sakaki and the Otou-san
      Cat, which I found bizarre and repulsive.)

      Any funny or strange fanart/fanfic/doujinshi pairings you want to share?

    • rosepress@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2006
        In a message dated 6/30/2006 10:15:38 A.M. Central Standard Time, anilesbocon01@... writes:

        Any funny or strange fanart/fanfic/ doujinshi pairings you want to share?

        Well, if you like Ranma (a common thing, but far from universal) you can always go to Ross TenEyck's "Non-Canonical Matchups" at http://alumnus.caltech.edu/~teneyck/fanfic/index.html
        which features such joys as Nabiki and Gosunkugi. It ain't yuri, but it can get funny and strange.

        Ellen Rose
      • Resop
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2006
          Maria-sama ga Miteru might not have had the ratings of Bishoujo Senshi Sailor
          Moon but I have observed that many shows have been influenced by it.

          Besides the much discussed Strawberry Panic trying to be a cheap scene for
          scene rip off, two shows in the span of a couple of weeks have referenced it.

          * High School Girls: The first thirty seconds of the show is usually devoted to
          cosplay, where the six main characters dress up in costumes (cat girl, senshi
          team, visual kai band, etc). In a recent episode they cosplayed Marimite with
          the six girls pairing up into oneesama relationships.

          * Ouran High School Host Club: Ouran High School has a cultural festival where
          clubs from other schools are invited. From the Lobelia Girl's Academy comes a
          fearsome idol theater club called the White Lily Society - the Zuka Club (named
          after the Tarakazuka theater). They are Amakusa Benio (Lady of the Red Rose),
          Maihara Chizuru (the Lady of the Lily) and Tsuwabuki Hinako (the Lady of the
          Daisy) and they come to shame the host club into quitting.

          Craig
        • Nekotine / Alana
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 6, 2006
            as far as anime goes, i thought that episode of Ouran was poking a lot
            more at Sakura Taisen, minus THE POWER OF STEAM-err...i mean, their kobu.
            all the girls in the original cast are named after flowers and are
            required to perform in the theatre. hell, i think they even poked fun at
            some of the outfits the girls had to wear in their various shows. n.n;

            --- Resop <resop2@...> wrote:

            > * Ouran High School Host Club: Ouran High School has a cultural festival
            > where clubs from other schools are invited. From the Lobelia Girl's
            > Academy comes a fearsome idol theater club called the White Lily Society
            > - the Zuka Club (named after the Tarakazuka theater). They are Amakusa
            > Benio (Lady of the Red Rose), Maihara Chizuru (the Lady of the Lily) and
            > Tsuwabuki Hinako (the Lady of the Daisy) and they come to shame the host
            > club into quitting.
            >
            > Craig

            <><><><><><> Alana - Nekotine - dj nekomancer <><><><><><>
            http://nekotine.minitokyo.net http://snowglobe.pitas.com
            email: animenomiko@... -- morainaki@...
            IRC: (EFNet: #fushigiyuugi) (Rizon: #lililicious #otenba)
            Nick: Natsuki Kouya Shouko Mitsune Nekotine Momoko
            ICQ: 70973246/Konno Mitsune -- AIM: Yumuura Kirika

            http://mail.yahoo.com