Re: [Yuricon] Re: That other yuri show

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
      On Jun 1, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Susan Davis wrote:

      In this two horse race: Shizuma/Nagisa 3:2 Amane/Hikari.
      Place your bets, cash only please. ;)

      A.C. Al differs in his opinion - given Shizuma's recent slump and
      erratic behavior (doping, perhaps?) odds favor Amane/Hikari 3:1.

      Nah, my money's on Chikaru -- she can have Lemon and Kizuna transform
      into the Ballot Counting Club, and rig the election in her favour....

      And here I was trying to offer fairly realistic odds. Oh well. I thought 3:2 was pretty fair. For every 3 dollars you bet on Shizuma/Nagisa, you'd only get 2. (Only a slight edge given to the current Etoile, which given Shizuma's supposedly popularity is an indication of how strong the Amane/Hikari pairing is coming in.)  So a $10 bet would yield a total of $16, a $10 bet on Amane/Hikari would net you $25, I think.  If, Shizuma wasn't already Etoile then I'd totally buy AC Al's line of 3:1

      As for Chikaru, Vegas Vic says it's like betting on the Jets to the win Superbowl 40 when the teams playing are the Steelers and the Seahawks.
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

        > >> A.C. Al differs in his opinion - given Shizuma's recent slump and
        > >> erratic behavior (doping, perhaps?) odds favor Amane/Hikari 3:1.
        > >
        > > Nah, my money's on Chikaru -- she can have Lemon and Kizuna transform
        > > into the Ballot Counting Club, and rig the election in her favour....
        >

        > And here I was trying to offer fairly realistic odds. Oh well.

        So was I, just not odds I would take. :-) And I like the thought that
        Chikaru has something up her sleeve - it makes me happy to think just
        one character is, peraps, more than we see on the surface. Probably
        not, though.

        > thought 3:2 was pretty fair. For every 3 dollars you bet on Shizuma/
        > Nagisa, you'd only get 2. (Only a slight edge given to the current
        > Etoile, which given Shizuma's supposedly popularity is an indication
        > of how strong the Amane/Hikari pairing is coming in.) So a $10 bet
        > would yield a total of $16, a $10 bet on Amane/Hikari would net you
        > $25, I think. If, Shizuma wasn't already Etoile then I'd totally buy
        > AC Al's line of 3:1

        I think it's appalingly obvious that the protagonist of this story is
        the loathesome little Nagisa, so we're probably screwed. She'll win.
        Bleah.

      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006

          On Jun 1, 2006, at 4:26 PM, atheniag wrote:

          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

          On Jun 1, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Susan Davis wrote:

          In this two horse race: Shizuma/Nagisa 3:2 Amane/Hikari.
          Place your bets, cash only please. ;)

          A.C. Al differs in his opinion - given Shizuma's recent slump and
          erratic behavior (doping, perhaps?) odds favor Amane/Hikari 3:1.

          Nah, my money's on Chikaru -- she can have Lemon and Kizuna transform
          into the Ballot Counting Club, and rig the election in her favour....

          And here I was trying to offer fairly realistic odds. Oh well.

          So was I, just not odds I would take. :-)

          They're all odds I wouldn't take. ;)

          And I like the thought that
          Chikaru has something up her sleeve - it makes me happy to think just
          one character is, peraps, more than we see on the surface. Probably
          not, though.

          In this show? When did you become an optimist? ;)

          I think it's appalingly obvious that the protagonist of this story is
          the loathesome little Nagisa, so we're probably screwed. She'll win.
          Bleah.

          That's better. I agree, though I sat for a while trying to handicap this race as if I didn't know it was already a foregone conclusion.

        • Susan Davis
          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
            Erica:
            > I think it's appalingly obvious that the protagonist of this story
            > is the loathesome little Nagisa, so we're probably screwed.

            That one sentence is just *such* a perfect summary of the entire series.

            --
            Susan Davis <futabachan@...>