Re: [Yuricon] Re: That other yuri show

    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
      >From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: That other yuri show
      >Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 10:46:17 -0400
      >
      >On May 31, 2006, at 10:15 PM, atheniag wrote:
      >
      >>If for no other reason than it's a brunette tachi and blonde neko
      >>couple, they definitely have the edge.
      >>
      >>Bets anyone? I think it would be very funny to maintain odds on the
      >>Etoile race.
      >
      >Vegas Vic says that Shizuma, as the sitting Etoile has the incumbent
      >advantage. She's still popular and Nagisa is our main character. However,
      >the Amane/Hikari tachi-neko combo polls well, and has great aesthetic
      >appeal.
      >In this two horse race: Shizuma/Nagisa 3:2 Amane/Hikari.
      >Place your bets, cash only please. ;)

      A.C. Al differs in his opinion - given Shizuma's recent slump and erratic
      behavior (doping, perhaps?) odds favor Amane/Hikari 3:1.

    • Susan Davis
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
        > >In this two horse race: Shizuma/Nagisa 3:2 Amane/Hikari.
        > >Place your bets, cash only please. ;)
        >
        > A.C. Al differs in his opinion - given Shizuma's recent slump and
        > erratic behavior (doping, perhaps?) odds favor Amane/Hikari 3:1.

        Nah, my money's on Chikaru -- she can have Lemon and Kizuna transform
        into the Ballot Counting Club, and rig the election in her favour....

        :-)

        --
        Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Davis" <futabachan@...> wrote:

          > > >In this two horse race: Shizuma/Nagisa 3:2 Amane/Hikari.
          > > >Place your bets, cash only please. ;)
          > >
          > > A.C. Al differs in his opinion - given Shizuma's recent slump and
          > > erratic behavior (doping, perhaps?) odds favor Amane/Hikari 3:1.
          >
          > Nah, my money's on Chikaru -- she can have Lemon and Kizuna transform
          > into the Ballot Counting Club, and rig the election in her favour....

          My money, as well, but I felt that Vegas shouldn't be the only betting
          mecca weighing in on this. Somehow I felt the need to represent the
          great town of Atlantic City (which is being removed from the game
          Monopoly....)

        • Chalcahuite
          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
            On Jun 1, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Susan Davis wrote:

            In this two horse race: Shizuma/Nagisa 3:2 Amane/Hikari.
            Place your bets, cash only please. ;)

            A.C. Al differs in his opinion - given Shizuma's recent slump and
            erratic behavior (doping, perhaps?) odds favor Amane/Hikari 3:1.

            Nah, my money's on Chikaru -- she can have Lemon and Kizuna transform
            into the Ballot Counting Club, and rig the election in her favour....

            And here I was trying to offer fairly realistic odds. Oh well. I thought 3:2 was pretty fair. For every 3 dollars you bet on Shizuma/Nagisa, you'd only get 2. (Only a slight edge given to the current Etoile, which given Shizuma's supposedly popularity is an indication of how strong the Amane/Hikari pairing is coming in.)  So a $10 bet would yield a total of $16, a $10 bet on Amane/Hikari would net you $25, I think.  If, Shizuma wasn't already Etoile then I'd totally buy AC Al's line of 3:1

            As for Chikaru, Vegas Vic says it's like betting on the Jets to the win Superbowl 40 when the teams playing are the Steelers and the Seahawks.
            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

              > >> A.C. Al differs in his opinion - given Shizuma's recent slump and
              > >> erratic behavior (doping, perhaps?) odds favor Amane/Hikari 3:1.
              > >
              > > Nah, my money's on Chikaru -- she can have Lemon and Kizuna transform
              > > into the Ballot Counting Club, and rig the election in her favour....
              >

              > And here I was trying to offer fairly realistic odds. Oh well.

              So was I, just not odds I would take. :-) And I like the thought that
              Chikaru has something up her sleeve - it makes me happy to think just
              one character is, peraps, more than we see on the surface. Probably
              not, though.

              > thought 3:2 was pretty fair. For every 3 dollars you bet on Shizuma/
              > Nagisa, you'd only get 2. (Only a slight edge given to the current
              > Etoile, which given Shizuma's supposedly popularity is an indication
              > of how strong the Amane/Hikari pairing is coming in.) So a $10 bet
              > would yield a total of $16, a $10 bet on Amane/Hikari would net you
              > $25, I think. If, Shizuma wasn't already Etoile then I'd totally buy
              > AC Al's line of 3:1

              I think it's appalingly obvious that the protagonist of this story is
              the loathesome little Nagisa, so we're probably screwed. She'll win.
              Bleah.

            • Chalcahuite
              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006

                On Jun 1, 2006, at 4:26 PM, atheniag wrote:

                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

                On Jun 1, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Susan Davis wrote:

                In this two horse race: Shizuma/Nagisa 3:2 Amane/Hikari.
                Place your bets, cash only please. ;)

                A.C. Al differs in his opinion - given Shizuma's recent slump and
                erratic behavior (doping, perhaps?) odds favor Amane/Hikari 3:1.

                Nah, my money's on Chikaru -- she can have Lemon and Kizuna transform
                into the Ballot Counting Club, and rig the election in her favour....

                And here I was trying to offer fairly realistic odds. Oh well.

                So was I, just not odds I would take. :-)

                They're all odds I wouldn't take. ;)

                And I like the thought that
                Chikaru has something up her sleeve - it makes me happy to think just
                one character is, peraps, more than we see on the surface. Probably
                not, though.

                In this show? When did you become an optimist? ;)

                I think it's appalingly obvious that the protagonist of this story is
                the loathesome little Nagisa, so we're probably screwed. She'll win.
                Bleah.

                That's better. I agree, though I sat for a while trying to handicap this race as if I didn't know it was already a foregone conclusion.

              • Susan Davis
                Message 7 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
                  Erica:
                  > I think it's appalingly obvious that the protagonist of this story
                  > is the loathesome little Nagisa, so we're probably screwed.

                  That one sentence is just *such* a perfect summary of the entire series.

                  --
                  Susan Davis <futabachan@...>