Re: That other yuri show

    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006

      > On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 03:37:50 -0000, "Susan Davis"
      > <futabachan@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Yes, but Shizuma doesn't have a spiffy yellow scarf. It's all about
      > > the spiffy scarf.
      >
      > So you're telling us that Amane is The Doctor? Scary thought...
      > --

      Or a sort of butchy Harry Potter. :-D

    • Chalcahuite
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
        On May 31, 2006, at 10:15 PM, atheniag wrote:

        If for no other reason than it's a brunette tachi and blonde neko
        couple, they definitely have the edge.

        Bets anyone? I think it would be very funny to maintain odds on the
        Etoile race.

        Vegas Vic says that Shizuma, as the sitting Etoile has the incumbent advantage. She's still popular and Nagisa is our main character. However, the Amane/Hikari tachi-neko combo polls well, and has great aesthetic appeal.
        In this two horse race: Shizuma/Nagisa 3:2 Amane/Hikari.
        Place your bets, cash only please. ;)

        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
          >From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: That other yuri show
          >Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 10:46:17 -0400
          >
          >On May 31, 2006, at 10:15 PM, atheniag wrote:
          >
          >>If for no other reason than it's a brunette tachi and blonde neko
          >>couple, they definitely have the edge.
          >>
          >>Bets anyone? I think it would be very funny to maintain odds on the
          >>Etoile race.
          >
          >Vegas Vic says that Shizuma, as the sitting Etoile has the incumbent
          >advantage. She's still popular and Nagisa is our main character. However,
          >the Amane/Hikari tachi-neko combo polls well, and has great aesthetic
          >appeal.
          >In this two horse race: Shizuma/Nagisa 3:2 Amane/Hikari.
          >Place your bets, cash only please. ;)

          A.C. Al differs in his opinion - given Shizuma's recent slump and erratic
          behavior (doping, perhaps?) odds favor Amane/Hikari 3:1.

        • Susan Davis
          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
            > >In this two horse race: Shizuma/Nagisa 3:2 Amane/Hikari.
            > >Place your bets, cash only please. ;)
            >
            > A.C. Al differs in his opinion - given Shizuma's recent slump and
            > erratic behavior (doping, perhaps?) odds favor Amane/Hikari 3:1.

            Nah, my money's on Chikaru -- she can have Lemon and Kizuna transform
            into the Ballot Counting Club, and rig the election in her favour....

            :-)

            --
            Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Davis" <futabachan@...> wrote:

              > > >In this two horse race: Shizuma/Nagisa 3:2 Amane/Hikari.
              > > >Place your bets, cash only please. ;)
              > >
              > > A.C. Al differs in his opinion - given Shizuma's recent slump and
              > > erratic behavior (doping, perhaps?) odds favor Amane/Hikari 3:1.
              >
              > Nah, my money's on Chikaru -- she can have Lemon and Kizuna transform
              > into the Ballot Counting Club, and rig the election in her favour....

              My money, as well, but I felt that Vegas shouldn't be the only betting
              mecca weighing in on this. Somehow I felt the need to represent the
              great town of Atlantic City (which is being removed from the game
              Monopoly....)

            • Chalcahuite
              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
                On Jun 1, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Susan Davis wrote:

                In this two horse race: Shizuma/Nagisa 3:2 Amane/Hikari.
                Place your bets, cash only please. ;)

                A.C. Al differs in his opinion - given Shizuma's recent slump and
                erratic behavior (doping, perhaps?) odds favor Amane/Hikari 3:1.

                Nah, my money's on Chikaru -- she can have Lemon and Kizuna transform
                into the Ballot Counting Club, and rig the election in her favour....

                And here I was trying to offer fairly realistic odds. Oh well. I thought 3:2 was pretty fair. For every 3 dollars you bet on Shizuma/Nagisa, you'd only get 2. (Only a slight edge given to the current Etoile, which given Shizuma's supposedly popularity is an indication of how strong the Amane/Hikari pairing is coming in.)  So a $10 bet would yield a total of $16, a $10 bet on Amane/Hikari would net you $25, I think.  If, Shizuma wasn't already Etoile then I'd totally buy AC Al's line of 3:1

                As for Chikaru, Vegas Vic says it's like betting on the Jets to the win Superbowl 40 when the teams playing are the Steelers and the Seahawks.
                Message 7 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
                  --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

                  > >> A.C. Al differs in his opinion - given Shizuma's recent slump and
                  > >> erratic behavior (doping, perhaps?) odds favor Amane/Hikari 3:1.
                  > >
                  > > Nah, my money's on Chikaru -- she can have Lemon and Kizuna transform
                  > > into the Ballot Counting Club, and rig the election in her favour....
                  >

                  > And here I was trying to offer fairly realistic odds. Oh well.

                  So was I, just not odds I would take. :-) And I like the thought that
                  Chikaru has something up her sleeve - it makes me happy to think just
                  one character is, peraps, more than we see on the surface. Probably
                  not, though.

                  > thought 3:2 was pretty fair. For every 3 dollars you bet on Shizuma/
                  > Nagisa, you'd only get 2. (Only a slight edge given to the current
                  > Etoile, which given Shizuma's supposedly popularity is an indication
                  > of how strong the Amane/Hikari pairing is coming in.) So a $10 bet
                  > would yield a total of $16, a $10 bet on Amane/Hikari would net you
                  > $25, I think. If, Shizuma wasn't already Etoile then I'd totally buy
                  > AC Al's line of 3:1

                  I think it's appalingly obvious that the protagonist of this story is
                  the loathesome little Nagisa, so we're probably screwed. She'll win.
                  Bleah.

                • Chalcahuite
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006

                    On Jun 1, 2006, at 4:26 PM, atheniag wrote:

                    --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

                    On Jun 1, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Susan Davis wrote:

                    In this two horse race: Shizuma/Nagisa 3:2 Amane/Hikari.
                    Place your bets, cash only please. ;)

                    A.C. Al differs in his opinion - given Shizuma's recent slump and
                    erratic behavior (doping, perhaps?) odds favor Amane/Hikari 3:1.

                    Nah, my money's on Chikaru -- she can have Lemon and Kizuna transform
                    into the Ballot Counting Club, and rig the election in her favour....

                    And here I was trying to offer fairly realistic odds. Oh well.

                    So was I, just not odds I would take. :-)

                    They're all odds I wouldn't take. ;)

                    And I like the thought that
                    Chikaru has something up her sleeve - it makes me happy to think just
                    one character is, peraps, more than we see on the surface. Probably
                    not, though.

                    In this show? When did you become an optimist? ;)

                    I think it's appalingly obvious that the protagonist of this story is
                    the loathesome little Nagisa, so we're probably screwed. She'll win.
                    Bleah.

                    That's better. I agree, though I sat for a while trying to handicap this race as if I didn't know it was already a foregone conclusion.

                  • Susan Davis
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
                      Erica:
                      > I think it's appalingly obvious that the protagonist of this story
                      > is the loathesome little Nagisa, so we're probably screwed.

                      That one sentence is just *such* a perfect summary of the entire series.

                      --
                      Susan Davis <futabachan@...>