Re: [Yuricon] Re: That other yuri show

  • Adam Jones
    Message 1 of 22 , May 31 10:18 PM
      On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 03:37:50 -0000, "Susan Davis"
      <futabachan@...> wrote:

      > Yes, but Shizuma doesn't have a spiffy yellow scarf. It's all about
      > the spiffy scarf.

      So you're telling us that Amane is The Doctor? Scary thought...
      .oO("That was... weird... I don't htink I've ever seen a dingo!" )
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006

        > On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 03:37:50 -0000, "Susan Davis"
        > <futabachan@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Yes, but Shizuma doesn't have a spiffy yellow scarf. It's all about
        > > the spiffy scarf.
        >
        > So you're telling us that Amane is The Doctor? Scary thought...
        > --

        Or a sort of butchy Harry Potter. :-D

      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
          On May 31, 2006, at 10:15 PM, atheniag wrote:

          If for no other reason than it's a brunette tachi and blonde neko
          couple, they definitely have the edge.

          Bets anyone? I think it would be very funny to maintain odds on the
          Etoile race.

          Vegas Vic says that Shizuma, as the sitting Etoile has the incumbent advantage. She's still popular and Nagisa is our main character. However, the Amane/Hikari tachi-neko combo polls well, and has great aesthetic appeal.
          In this two horse race: Shizuma/Nagisa 3:2 Amane/Hikari.
          Place your bets, cash only please. ;)

          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
            >From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
            >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: That other yuri show
            >Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 10:46:17 -0400
            >
            >On May 31, 2006, at 10:15 PM, atheniag wrote:
            >
            >>If for no other reason than it's a brunette tachi and blonde neko
            >>couple, they definitely have the edge.
            >>
            >>Bets anyone? I think it would be very funny to maintain odds on the
            >>Etoile race.
            >
            >Vegas Vic says that Shizuma, as the sitting Etoile has the incumbent
            >advantage. She's still popular and Nagisa is our main character. However,
            >the Amane/Hikari tachi-neko combo polls well, and has great aesthetic
            >appeal.
            >In this two horse race: Shizuma/Nagisa 3:2 Amane/Hikari.
            >Place your bets, cash only please. ;)

            A.C. Al differs in his opinion - given Shizuma's recent slump and erratic
            behavior (doping, perhaps?) odds favor Amane/Hikari 3:1.

          • Susan Davis
            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
              > >In this two horse race: Shizuma/Nagisa 3:2 Amane/Hikari.
              > >Place your bets, cash only please. ;)
              >
              > A.C. Al differs in his opinion - given Shizuma's recent slump and
              > erratic behavior (doping, perhaps?) odds favor Amane/Hikari 3:1.

              Nah, my money's on Chikaru -- she can have Lemon and Kizuna transform
              into the Ballot Counting Club, and rig the election in her favour....

              :-)

              --
              Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Davis" <futabachan@...> wrote:

                > > >In this two horse race: Shizuma/Nagisa 3:2 Amane/Hikari.
                > > >Place your bets, cash only please. ;)
                > >
                > > A.C. Al differs in his opinion - given Shizuma's recent slump and
                > > erratic behavior (doping, perhaps?) odds favor Amane/Hikari 3:1.
                >
                > Nah, my money's on Chikaru -- she can have Lemon and Kizuna transform
                > into the Ballot Counting Club, and rig the election in her favour....

                My money, as well, but I felt that Vegas shouldn't be the only betting
                mecca weighing in on this. Somehow I felt the need to represent the
                great town of Atlantic City (which is being removed from the game
                Monopoly....)

              • Chalcahuite
                Message 7 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
                  On Jun 1, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Susan Davis wrote:

                  In this two horse race: Shizuma/Nagisa 3:2 Amane/Hikari.
                  Place your bets, cash only please. ;)

                  A.C. Al differs in his opinion - given Shizuma's recent slump and
                  erratic behavior (doping, perhaps?) odds favor Amane/Hikari 3:1.

                  Nah, my money's on Chikaru -- she can have Lemon and Kizuna transform
                  into the Ballot Counting Club, and rig the election in her favour....

                  And here I was trying to offer fairly realistic odds. Oh well. I thought 3:2 was pretty fair. For every 3 dollars you bet on Shizuma/Nagisa, you'd only get 2. (Only a slight edge given to the current Etoile, which given Shizuma's supposedly popularity is an indication of how strong the Amane/Hikari pairing is coming in.)  So a $10 bet would yield a total of $16, a $10 bet on Amane/Hikari would net you $25, I think.  If, Shizuma wasn't already Etoile then I'd totally buy AC Al's line of 3:1

                  As for Chikaru, Vegas Vic says it's like betting on the Jets to the win Superbowl 40 when the teams playing are the Steelers and the Seahawks.
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
                    --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

                    > >> A.C. Al differs in his opinion - given Shizuma's recent slump and
                    > >> erratic behavior (doping, perhaps?) odds favor Amane/Hikari 3:1.
                    > >
                    > > Nah, my money's on Chikaru -- she can have Lemon and Kizuna transform
                    > > into the Ballot Counting Club, and rig the election in her favour....
                    >

                    > And here I was trying to offer fairly realistic odds. Oh well.

                    So was I, just not odds I would take. :-) And I like the thought that
                    Chikaru has something up her sleeve - it makes me happy to think just
                    one character is, peraps, more than we see on the surface. Probably
                    not, though.

                    > thought 3:2 was pretty fair. For every 3 dollars you bet on Shizuma/
                    > Nagisa, you'd only get 2. (Only a slight edge given to the current
                    > Etoile, which given Shizuma's supposedly popularity is an indication
                    > of how strong the Amane/Hikari pairing is coming in.) So a $10 bet
                    > would yield a total of $16, a $10 bet on Amane/Hikari would net you
                    > $25, I think. If, Shizuma wasn't already Etoile then I'd totally buy
                    > AC Al's line of 3:1

                    I think it's appalingly obvious that the protagonist of this story is
                    the loathesome little Nagisa, so we're probably screwed. She'll win.
                    Bleah.

                  • Chalcahuite
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006

                      On Jun 1, 2006, at 4:26 PM, atheniag wrote:

                      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

                      On Jun 1, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Susan Davis wrote:

                      In this two horse race: Shizuma/Nagisa 3:2 Amane/Hikari.
                      Place your bets, cash only please. ;)

                      A.C. Al differs in his opinion - given Shizuma's recent slump and
                      erratic behavior (doping, perhaps?) odds favor Amane/Hikari 3:1.

                      Nah, my money's on Chikaru -- she can have Lemon and Kizuna transform
                      into the Ballot Counting Club, and rig the election in her favour....

                      And here I was trying to offer fairly realistic odds. Oh well.

                      So was I, just not odds I would take. :-)

                      They're all odds I wouldn't take. ;)

                      And I like the thought that
                      Chikaru has something up her sleeve - it makes me happy to think just
                      one character is, peraps, more than we see on the surface. Probably
                      not, though.

                      In this show? When did you become an optimist? ;)

                      I think it's appalingly obvious that the protagonist of this story is
                      the loathesome little Nagisa, so we're probably screwed. She'll win.
                      Bleah.

                      That's better. I agree, though I sat for a while trying to handicap this race as if I didn't know it was already a foregone conclusion.

                    • Susan Davis
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
                        Erica:
                        > I think it's appalingly obvious that the protagonist of this story
                        > is the loathesome little Nagisa, so we're probably screwed.

                        That one sentence is just *such* a perfect summary of the entire series.

                        --
                        Susan Davis <futabachan@...>