Re: Round Two: Simoun vs Simoun (spoilers, yes, and many)

    Message 1 of 8 , May 7, 2006

      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "fignae" <fignae@> wrote:

      > > > And I really, really like the mechanic from the anime - haven't
      > > > gotten her name into my head yet. :-)
      > >
      > > Shouldn't that be... "his"?

      > So, regardless of synopses, I'm calling Wahporifu a girl.

      I retract this. I just clued into the linguistic thing with the names.
      Wahporifu is a guy...

    • Susan Davis
      Message 2 of 8 , May 7, 2006

        > > -
        > > -
        > > -
        > > -
        > > -
        > > -
        > > -
        > > -
        > > -
        > > -
        > >
        > > [Snip, patched with spoiler space]
        > >
        > > -
        > > -
        > > -
        > > -
        > > -
        > > -
        > > -
        > > -
        > > -
        > > -
        > >
        > I notice that the synopses call the mechanic a "he." I'm sure
        > there's a reason (I have not read them all, only part of 3) but for
        > a person who visited the spring two years ago "he" has a hell of
        > female body. Eri said that her breasts would shrink and her body
        > would begin to change soon. Two years later and "he" looks awfully
        > female.

        Wapourif talks about having gone to the Spring in episode 3.
        Presumably, it takes a while for breasts to be reabsorbed (remember,
        there's no top surgery in Simulacrum; only Argentum does that), but
        "-f" at the end of a name is a definite signifier of masculinity.

        --
        Susan Davis <futabachan@...>