Welcome to all our newest list members!

    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2006
      Hello all -

      We've had a bunch of new folks join us recently, (and lots more apply
      with wildly inappropriate reasons to include them. Applying to a group
      with "I wud lik to join" is not a good choice, nor is "HENTAI ROCKS!!
      !!" I'm sure all those folks can't for the life of them understand
      why they aren't approved.) In any case, I thought it time to welcome
      all the new folks and thank all the long term posters here, as well!
      If you are new, please feel free to jump in and intro yourself. My
      name, for example, is Erica, and I'm the list owner and founder of
      Yuricon. I got into yuri through Sailor Moon, and I still maintain
      Haruka and Michiru are the Queens of anime yuri. :-)

      We have a very decent group for the most part and to help keep it this
      way, I do ask that all newbies take 5 minutes to read our Frequently
      Asked Questions: http://www.yuricon.com/faq.html If you have been on
      for a while and have never read them, please DO. It won't take long.

      For those of you so important and busy that you can't take the time
      read the FAQs. here are a few key points I've cut and pasted from the
      above page:

      Q: What's off-topic, or can I post pretty much anything?

      A: Within reason - pretty much anything. The following are always off-
      topic:

      1) Violent or threatening language against another member.
      2) Homophobic, misogynist or misanthropic statements meant with
      unpleasant intent. In other words, no bashing - of any kind.
      3) Spam or other mass sales messages

      These will be dealt with by immediate suspension from the list, no
      warnings.

      More specifically, Yuricon is a celebration of shoujoai and yuri in
      anime and manga - that is, anything and everything having to do with
      girl/girl relationships in Japanese animation and comics. Anything
      relating to anime and lesbianism is on topic. Yuricon is yaoi and
      straight friendly, just remember where the focus of the group is. But
      generally, personal chitchat is highly encouraged!

      Q: Can I post fics or art?

      A: If your story or art is of an adult nature, a link to it on another
      site is much preferred over a post. This list is not age-limited and
      we don't want to be caught with our pants down, so to speak. But yes,
      you can post things of general interest to the list. If the file is
      very large, you may wish to use the "Files" section of the Y!groups
      home page at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Yuricon

      Please keep art and fics tasteful - *please* don't post anything
      horribly explicit without permission from the list owner. And if
      you're not *entirely* sure - run it by the list owner anyway, she's
      notorious for her standards.

      Q: Is this list moderated?

      Yes and no. The owner believes in giving everyone the illusion of
      democracy while actually running the list as a benevolent
      dictatorship. The list owner is a frequent poster on the list; if
      there is a problem, she will give the involved parties *one* polite
      warning, followed by a suspension for a second problem. There is no
      appeal for this - you already had your second chance. There are back-
      up moderators should the owner be away. The policy remains the same.

      There is no proactive moderation - that is, you're posts do not have
      to be approved to be seen by the list. We ask that you self-moderate
      to avoid any unpleasant situations.

      If you are having any problems at all, with the list, or with someone
      on the list, you can contact the list owner at anilesbocon01@hotmail.
      com.

      ***

      Common courtesy is the most important single quality necessary at
      Yuricon. We're all here to have fun, so try to keep that in mind.
      Here's some basic rules of thumb:

      1) Remember, this is not real life. It is a computer and the person
      you are screaming at is a name in text. Turn the computer off and walk
      away until you don't see red instead of responding to a post in anger.

      2) Be polite - even if it kills you.

      3) No one is "right" anymore than anyone is "wrong." You may disagree
      but your point of view is only one of many, please allow others
      theirs.

      4) Do not out people or otherwise use real-life personal info that is
      private without their consent. This will not be tolerated on the list
      and may well open you up to a real-life lawsuit.

      5) Have fun. If it's not fun, go away from the list for a while. When
      you miss us, come back.

      There simply is no reason whatsoever to get enraged by anything online
      - it can't hurt you unless you let it. Try to remember that this is
      just an adjunct to a fun life - not a substitute for one. :-)

      Yuricon's mission is to openly enjoy and celebrate all forms of yuri
      and shoujoai. If that's what you want to do - you're in the right
      place.

      Again, welcome to all our new members and a very sincere thank you to
      all the folks who have been here for a while. You're all the reason
      this works. :-)