RE: [Yuricon] Simoun manga question

    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 2006
      >From: "Susan Davis" <futabachan@...>
      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Yuricon] Simoun manga question
      >Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:45:27 -0000
      >
      >Does the manga actually contradict the anime anywhere, or is it
      >possible that the two are holographically telling the same narrative?
      > It sounds like we haven't gotten to the point where the manga is
      >happening yet in the anime....

      I haven't watched ep. 5, but it *seems* to me that the narratives are
      running slightly parallel. The anime looks like it's taking in a longer,
      broader view - of the world, the war - and the manga more just about (at the
      moment) the pilots of Call Tempest and their relationships. So, in a sense,
      the manga (all two chapters thereof) is contained within the anime. IMHO, of
      course.

      Message 2 of 6 , May 7, 2006
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@...>
        wrote:

        > >From: "Susan Davis" <futabachan@...>
        > >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > >Subject: [Yuricon] Simoun manga question
        > >Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:45:27 -0000
        > >
        > >Does the manga actually contradict the anime anywhere, or is it
        > >possible that the two are holographically telling the same
        narrative?
        > > It sounds like we haven't gotten to the point where the manga is
        > >happening yet in the anime....

        Okay, I just finished watching episode 5 and, IMHO, I'm still of the
        conviction that the two stories are *roughly* parallel, but two
        distinct entities, with different emphasis and audience - probably
        written by different people as well. The basic plots, world and cast
        are the same. There are some differences in cast and characterization
        from anime to manga, at least so far.

      • Jamie Wells
        Message 3 of 6 , May 7, 2006
          where can I find the simoun manga?

          Message 4 of 6 , May 8, 2006
            >From: Jamie Wells <tigrisataica@...>
            >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Simoun manga question
            >Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 19:10:44 -0700 (PDT)
            >
            >where can I find the simoun manga?

            In Yuri Hime magazine. It began in Volume 3. You can purchase the magazine
            from Amazon JP through the Yuricon Shop.

            Volume 3:
            http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000E1JMF4/ref=ase_yuriconandalc-22/250-6278089-5057820

            Volume 4:
            http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000FAPG6S/ref=ase_yuriconandalc-22/250-6278089-5057820