youtube yuri video set to song "collide"

  • M. Coleridge
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2006
      I don't know if anyone has posted this link yet, but I just came across it
      and really enjoyed it so I wanted to pass it along..

      It's by Yuseke Urameshi. A description of what's included accompanies the
      video.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yy23-Fpw-o

      -Marina
    • bakablonde
      Message 2 of 10 , May 2, 2006
        (sighs) I know I shouldn't get so worked up about it...but if you go
        to my site (or now on youtube) and watch my AMV's called Breaking,
        Digging My Girl, A Love Eternal, Valentine, and All I Really Wanted,
        you will see that every last clip she used came from those AMV's.
        That's why the screen size changes so often in Collide, because my
        older AMV's from last year were in MPEG format.....

        Maybe I shouldn't be so ticked off- maybe I should be flattered.

        But I wasn't pleased initially, and I called her on it- I did get an
        apology. But it stings everytime I see people in awe of "where did she
        find all those couples?" Because they've been on my site for over a
        year...grrrr.

        Ok, rant is over, and if you want to see them in their original form,
        go over to www.bakablonde.com. Who knows, maybe they all suck, so
        that's why hers is so great, lol.

        And I also have just put up some Battle Athletes scans too, for those
        who like the show. :)

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "M. Coleridge" <f4chaser@...> wrote:

        > I don't know if anyone has posted this link yet, but I just came
        across it
        > and really enjoyed it so I wanted to pass it along..
        >
        > It's by Yuseke Urameshi. A description of what's included
        accompanies the
        > video.
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yy23-Fpw-o
        >
        > -Marina

      • Jamie Wells
        Message 3 of 10 , May 2, 2006
          Awwww :/  I don't like people who rip off of others.
          *hugs bakablonde*

          You rock, btw.  I've enjoyed nearly every video you've made!  Keep on truckin and just know that your true fans know better than to fall prey to such thieves!

          bakablonde <bakablonde@...> wrote:
          (sighs) I know I shouldn't get so worked up about it...but if you go
          to my site (or now on youtube) and watch my AMV's called Breaking,
          Digging My Girl, A Love Eternal, Valentine, and All I Really Wanted,
          you will see that every last clip she used came from those AMV's.
          That's why the screen size changes so often in Collide, because my
          older AMV's from last year were in MPEG format.....

          Maybe I shouldn't be so ticked off- maybe I should be flattered.

          But I wasn't pleased initially, and I called her on it- I did get an
          apology. But it stings everytime I see people in awe of "where did she
          find all those couples?" Because they've been on my site for over a
          year...grrrr.

          Ok, rant is over, and if you want to see them in their original form,
          go over to www.bakablonde.com. Who knows, maybe they all suck, so
          that's why hers is so great, lol.

          And I also have just put up some Battle Athletes scans too, for those
          who like the show. :)

          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "M. Coleridge" <f4chaser@...> wrote:

          > I don't know if anyone has posted this link yet, but I just came
          across it
          > and really enjoyed it so I wanted to pass it along..
          >
          > It's by Yuseke Urameshi.  A description of what's included
          accompanies the
          > video.
          >
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yy23-Fpw-o
          >
          > -Marina

        • Resop
          Message 4 of 10 , May 2, 2006
            I hope I am not opening a can of worms here, but, unless the
            AMV author stole bakablonde's specfic editing sequences, I'm
            not sure what the beef is.

            Does Bakablonde own the characters?

            Did Bakablonde draw the animation?

            Now, if Bakablonde had drawn the fan art at the end, then she
            could be mad at that, but even fan art cannot be copywritten
            because the fan artist doesn't own the character.

            I think bakablonde should be flattered, at let it go at that.

            Craig

            --- Jamie Wells <tigrisataica@...> wrote:

            > Awwww :/ I don't like people who rip off of others.
            > *hugs bakablonde*
            >
            > You rock, btw. I've enjoyed nearly every video you've made! Keep on
            > truckin and just know that your true fans know better than to fall prey to
            > such thieves!
            >
            > bakablonde <bakablonde@...> wrote: (sighs) I know I shouldn't
            > get so worked up about it...but if you go
            > to my site (or now on youtube) and watch my AMV's called Breaking,
            > Digging My Girl, A Love Eternal, Valentine, and All I Really Wanted,
            > you will see that every last clip she used came from those AMV's.
            > That's why the screen size changes so often in Collide, because my
            > older AMV's from last year were in MPEG format.....
            >
            > Maybe I shouldn't be so ticked off- maybe I should be flattered.
            >
            > But I wasn't pleased initially, and I called her on it- I did get an
            > apology. But it stings everytime I see people in awe of "where did she
            > find all those couples?" Because they've been on my site for over a
            > year...grrrr.
            >
            > Ok, rant is over, and if you want to see them in their original form,
            > go over to www.bakablonde.com. Who knows, maybe they all suck, so
            > that's why hers is so great, lol.
            >
            > And I also have just put up some Battle Athletes scans too, for those
            > who like the show. :)
            >

            > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "M. Coleridge" <f4chaser@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I don't know if anyone has posted this link yet, but I just came
            > across it
            > > and really enjoyed it so I wanted to pass it along..
            > >
            > > It's by Yuseke Urameshi. A description of what's included
            > accompanies the
            > > video.
            > >
            > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yy23-Fpw-o
            > >
            > > -Marina

            > Anime manga
            > Anime
            > Yuri

            > ---------------------------------
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            > How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger�s low PC-to-Phone call
            rates.
          • Ashley
            Message 5 of 10 , May 2, 2006
              Resop wrote:

              > I hope I am not opening a can of worms here, but, unless the
              > AMV author stole bakablonde's specfic editing sequences, I'm
              > not sure what the beef is.
              >
              > Does Bakablonde own the characters?
              >
              > Did Bakablonde draw the animation?
              >
              > Now, if Bakablonde had drawn the fan art at the end, then she
              > could be mad at that, but even fan art cannot be copywritten
              > because the fan artist doesn't own the character.
              >
              > I think bakablonde should be flattered, at let it go at that.
              >
              > Craig

              Well think of it this way, she DID make the amvs she put time and energy
              into making them. I dont think shes made because of the person
              infringing on copyrights, but that the person plagerised her. This
              person came and took Baka's amvs cut them up and then called them
              theirs. Its not any different than if the person had taken several pages
              from a book written by Baka, then changed a few things and said she did
              them.

              Even if you dont own the copyright for the things its not any less stealing.

              Ashley
            • Resop
              Message 6 of 10 , May 2, 2006
                Using the same argument, one could say that the original makers of
                the footage that bakablonde used should be upset with her ...

                Would it have made things better if the "colide" maker had
                ripped the exact same footage from the original sources?

                Craig

                --- Ashley <dreamingxashley@...> wrote:

                > Resop wrote:
                >
                > > I hope I am not opening a can of worms here, but, unless the
                > > AMV author stole bakablonde's specfic editing sequences, I'm
                > > not sure what the beef is.
                > >
                > > Does Bakablonde own the characters?
                > >
                > > Did Bakablonde draw the animation?
                > >
                > > Now, if Bakablonde had drawn the fan art at the end, then she
                > > could be mad at that, but even fan art cannot be copywritten
                > > because the fan artist doesn't own the character.
                > >
                > > I think bakablonde should be flattered, at let it go at that.
                > >
                > > Craig
                > >
                > Well think of it this way, she DID make the amvs she put time and energy
                > into making them. I dont think shes made because of the person
                > infringing on copyrights, but that the person plagerised her. This
                > person came and took Baka's amvs cut them up and then called them
                > theirs. Its not any different than if the person had taken several pages
                > from a book written by Baka, then changed a few things and said she did
                > them.
                >
                > Even if you dont own the copyright for the things its not any less stealing.
                >
                > Ashley

              • Ashley
                Message 7 of 10 , May 2, 2006
                  Resop wrote:

                  > Using the same argument, one could say that the original makers of
                  > the footage that bakablonde used should be upset with her ...
                  >
                  > Would it have made things better if the "colide" maker had
                  > ripped the exact same footage from the original sources?
                  >
                  > Craig

                  How many actual owners have you read about being upset over fanart and
                  amv's? And yes, it would have been better because then it would have
                  been her own work, and not Baka's. Youve probly never had this happen to
                  you though right?

                  Anyway, the fact remains that the person should have used her own
                  sources to make an amv instead of ripping off someone elses efforts.

                  Ashley
                • Chalcahuite
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 2, 2006
                    All right, this is off topic. If you want to debate copyright, AMVs and the associated grey areas therein, please do so off list.
                  • M. Coleridge
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 2, 2006
                      Thanks bakablonde for the link to your site. I am interested in your
                      original work. Didn't know there was this ongoing question regarding
                      plagiarism.... -M

                      (sighs) I know I shouldn't get so worked up about it...but if you go
                      to my site (or now on youtube) and watch my AMV's called Breaking,
                      Digging My Girl, A Love Eternal, Valentine, and All I Really Wanted,
                      you will see that every last clip she used came from those AMV's.
                      That's why the screen size changes so often in Collide, because my
                      older AMV's from last year were in MPEG format.....

                      Maybe I shouldn't be so ticked off- maybe I should be flattered.

                      But I wasn't pleased initially, and I called her on it- I did get an
                      apology. But it stings everytime I see people in awe of "where did she
                      find all those couples?" Because they've been on my site for over a
                      year...grrrr.

                      Ok, rant is over, and if you want to see them in their original form,
                      go over to www.bakablonde.com. Who knows, maybe they all suck, so
                      that's why hers is so great, lol.

                      And I also have just put up some Battle Athletes scans too, for those
                      who like the show. :)

                      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "M. Coleridge" <f4chaser@...> wrote:

                      > I don't know if anyone has posted this link yet, but I just came
                      across it
                      > and really enjoyed it so I wanted to pass it along..
                      >
                      > It's by Yuseke Urameshi. A description of what's included
                      accompanies the
                      > video.
                      >
                      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yy23-Fpw-o
                      >
                      > -Marina

                    • bakablonde
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 2, 2006
                        Sorry Serge, I didn't intend to start a debate. My apologies for
                        disturbing the yuri peace. :)
                        I will answer one of Craig's questions in that if he considers loading
                        a clip into Premiere, reversing it, slowing it down and exporting such
                        clips back into am AMV as a specialized sequence, then she used every
                        one of them. The original DVD footage was never like that.
                        And now I'm done. Resume your regularly scheduled yuri programming....