Simoun manga question

  • Susan Davis
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 28, 2006
      Does the manga actually contradict the anime anywhere, or is it
      possible that the two are holographically telling the same narrative?
      It sounds like we haven't gotten to the point where the manga is
      happening yet in the anime....

      --
      Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
      Message 2 of 6 , May 6, 2006
        >From: "Susan Davis" <futabachan@...>
        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Yuricon] Simoun manga question
        >Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:45:27 -0000
        >
        >Does the manga actually contradict the anime anywhere, or is it
        >possible that the two are holographically telling the same narrative?
        > It sounds like we haven't gotten to the point where the manga is
        >happening yet in the anime....

        I haven't watched ep. 5, but it *seems* to me that the narratives are
        running slightly parallel. The anime looks like it's taking in a longer,
        broader view - of the world, the war - and the manga more just about (at the
        moment) the pilots of Call Tempest and their relationships. So, in a sense,
        the manga (all two chapters thereof) is contained within the anime. IMHO, of
        course.

        Message 3 of 6 , May 7, 2006
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@...>
          wrote:

          > >From: "Susan Davis" <futabachan@...>
          > >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: [Yuricon] Simoun manga question
          > >Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:45:27 -0000
          > >
          > >Does the manga actually contradict the anime anywhere, or is it
          > >possible that the two are holographically telling the same
          narrative?
          > > It sounds like we haven't gotten to the point where the manga is
          > >happening yet in the anime....

          Okay, I just finished watching episode 5 and, IMHO, I'm still of the
          conviction that the two stories are *roughly* parallel, but two
          distinct entities, with different emphasis and audience - probably
          written by different people as well. The basic plots, world and cast
          are the same. There are some differences in cast and characterization
          from anime to manga, at least so far.

        • Jamie Wells
          Message 4 of 6 , May 7, 2006
            where can I find the simoun manga?

            Message 5 of 6 , May 8, 2006
              >From: Jamie Wells <tigrisataica@...>
              >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Simoun manga question
              >Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 19:10:44 -0700 (PDT)
              >
              >where can I find the simoun manga?

              In Yuri Hime magazine. It began in Volume 3. You can purchase the magazine
              from Amazon JP through the Yuricon Shop.

              Volume 3:
              http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000E1JMF4/ref=ase_yuriconandalc-22/250-6278089-5057820

              Volume 4:
              http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000FAPG6S/ref=ase_yuriconandalc-22/250-6278089-5057820