[Semi-Okay-Completely-OT] Remember When?

  • Chris Davies
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 24, 2006
      Way back in the day, there was -- and you may remember -- something of
      a kerfuffle about the way that, on BtVS, Willow went from mourning her
      deceased girlfriend Tara to making out with her new girlfriend Kennedy.
      There was much loathing of Kennedy, and passionate outbursts in hopes
      that Amber Benson, the admittedly straight actress who played Tara,
      would come back for the show's final episodes.

      Here's the punchline:

      http://www.afterellen.com/People/2006/4/iyari.html

      I find this unspeakably funny, for some reason.

      Chris Davies.
    • Shannon J. L.
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 24, 2006
        *chuckles*
        Actually, I think it's quite funny.

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Davies" <cricharddavies@...>
        wrote:

        > Way back in the day, there was -- and you may remember --
        something of
        > a kerfuffle about the way that, on BtVS, Willow went from mourning
        her
        > deceased girlfriend Tara to making out with her new girlfriend
        Kennedy.
        > There was much loathing of Kennedy, and passionate outbursts in
        hopes
        > that Amber Benson, the admittedly straight actress who played
        Tara,
        > would come back for the show's final episodes.
        >
        > Here's the punchline:
        >
        > http://www.afterellen.com/People/2006/4/iyari.html
        >
        > I find this unspeakably funny, for some reason.
        >
        > Chris Davies.

      • Shane
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 24, 2006
          OH so absolutetly hilarious.

          Shane

          --- "Shannon J. L." <shanejayell2000@...> wrote:

          > *chuckles*
          > Actually, I think it's quite funny.
          >
          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Davies"
          > <cricharddavies@...>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > > Way back in the day, there was -- and you may
          > remember --
          > something of
          > > a kerfuffle about the way that, on BtVS, Willow
          > went from mourning
          > her
          > > deceased girlfriend Tara to making out with her
          > new girlfriend
          > Kennedy.
          > > There was much loathing of Kennedy, and passionate
          > outbursts in
          > hopes
          > > that Amber Benson, the admittedly straight actress
          > who played
          > Tara,
          > > would come back for the show's final episodes.
          > >
          > > Here's the punchline:
          > >
          > > http://www.afterellen.com/People/2006/4/iyari.html
          > >
          > > I find this unspeakably funny, for some reason.
          > >
          > > Chris Davies.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Kian
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 28, 2006
            Hi everyone,

            I just want to know if anyone is interested in going
            to AnimeNorth in Toronto. I never been to any con and
            I wonder if this is any good.

            Kian
          • Susan Davis
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 30, 2006
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Kian <sjentai22@...> wrote:

              > Hi everyone,
              >
              > I just want to know if anyone is interested in going
              > to AnimeNorth in Toronto. I never been to any con and
              > I wonder if this is any good.

              We've never been, either, but my partner and I live in Toronto, and
              will be going. I'm even mulling over possibly cosplaying Aaeru from
              _Simoun_....

              -- Sue --
              (and I've never had any desire to do cosplay before; I really
              shouldn't have watched _Genshiken_ :-))

              --
              Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
              Message 6 of 8 , May 5, 2006
                >From: "Susan Davis" <futabachan@...>
                >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: anyone going to AnimeNorth?
                >Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 22:41:36 -0000

                > > I just want to know if anyone is interested in going
                > > to AnimeNorth in Toronto. I never been to any con and
                > > I wonder if this is any good.

                This year at Anime North, there will be at least one, possibly two yuri
                panels - look for Yuricon friends/staffers Sean Gaffney and Kat Williams
                there.

                And have fun!

              • Ariel Devorah
                Message 7 of 8 , May 6, 2006
                  > > > I just want to know if anyone is interested in going
                  > > > to AnimeNorth in Toronto. I never been to any con and
                  > > > I wonder if this is any good.
                  >
                  > This year at Anime North, there will be at least one, possibly two yuri
                  > panels - look for Yuricon friends/staffers Sean Gaffney and Kat
                  Williams
                  > there.
                  >
                  > And have fun!

                  I didn't see it on the events page, so I'm guessing it's a "no" but
                  will there be a yuri panel at Anime Expo in Anaheim this July?
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 6, 2006
                    --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Ariel Devorah" <ladystardusthhh@...>
                    wrote:

                    > I didn't see it on the events page, so I'm guessing it's a "no" but
                    > will there be a yuri panel at Anime Expo in Anaheim this July?

                    I won't be going this year, but that doesn't mean there isn't one -
                    ask Anime Expo. Even better, email them and say you'll run it and then
                    follow up so you make sure there IS one. :-)

                    And, thanks for reminding me to plug this... ;-) For those folks who
                    don't know, or have forgotten: Check out the Yuricon Events Page for
                    all the Yuri and Shoujoai related panels we're involved with. If you
                    know of a yuri panel, or even better, are planning on running one,
                    please email me at anilesbocon01@... and we'll make sure it
                    goes up on the Page! http://www.yuricon.org/events/