Re: [Yuricon] Re: Strawberry Panic vs Simoun - the battle you've all been waitin

  • Adam Jones
    Message 1 of 55 , Apr 21, 2006
      On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 21:52:36 +0200, BlackSkaven <BlackSkaven@...>
      wrote:

      > Well - the show I enjoyed the most recently was Mushishi - but there's
      > no yuri in it. ^^

      Amen - Mushishi has been far and away the best show in a very long time.
      Whilst I wouldn't quite put it on the Utena/Haibane Renmei/YKK plane
      of classics, it's a pretty close thing.

      Ah well. Back to watching Suzumiya Haruhi torment the world. :)
      .oO("Am really feeling weirf now!?" )
    • Kat Ehas
      Message 55 of 55 , Apr 30, 2006
        First, I'd like to say "Sue! You've de-lurked! Only took you five years! ;)"

        On 4/28/06, Susan Davis <futabachan@...> wrote:
        > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > On Apr 20, 2006, at 8:41 AM, atheniag wrote:
        > >
        > > > Well the fansubbers definitely didn't make it easy.
        > >
        > > No, but spending some time in the forums helped a lot. I don't fault
        > > the fansubbers too badly as a lot of the terms are turning out to
        > > more Latin than French, and nobody is really sure of a consensus.
        >
        > Episode 2 was a lot better than episode 1, although there are still
        > some very questionable romanization choices ("Call" for "koru" instead
        > of "Chor" or "Corps;" "Simula" for "shivyura" instead of "Sibylla," et
        > cetera). Hopefully, the rest of the series will be more along episode
        > 2's lines....

        Yeah, I have to agree that the subbing on ep 1 frustrated me. The
        grammar was weak and I wasn't always sure what they were trying to
        say. I'm going to probably rewatch ep 1 before starting ep 2.

        kat_chan