Re: [Yuricon] Random Kashimashi thought (spoilerish)

  • Lupine Aura
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 17, 2006
      Yes, those cases are interesting, and it has been suggested that those with an Autism spectrum disorder frequently see faces not as a coherent whole, but as individual parts that do not relate to each other. This is why they have difficulty with interpreting nonverbal body language such as facial expressions. But to only have this problem with one sex?

      Okay, I have officially over-analyzed Kashimashi.

      On 4/17/06, W. Suika Roberts <sfr@...> wrote:
      On Apr 16, 2006, at 7:46 PM, Lupine Aura wrote:

      > I'll just soldier on with watching the episodes :) Maybe it is
      > because the presence of aliens just lets you know it is time to
      > dispend disbelief, but it seems like they are trying to pass this
      > off as a psychology thing, and seeing how that is my field, I have
      > a harder time going along with it. Still a cute series :)

      Not sure it's necessary, but here's some spoiler space

      There are documented cases of people who just can't recognize faces
      -- generally it's the result of brain damage, but.

      They can recognize individual features ("That's a nose.") but can't
      piece things together to recognize a face.  Often they can get by
      though various coping techniques, such as recognzing people by
      hairstyle or voice.

      Which amused me to think about, since boy-Hazumu had both a
      distinctive hairstyle and distinctive voice . . .

      ja ne,
             Suika
      --
      "Amazing what caffeine and no sense of self-preservation can do..."
      sfr@...

      Yahoo! Groups Links

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/