Amazing comic from Japan - seriously

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2006
      No kidding - this is *amazing.* Rica Takashima emailed me this link:
      http://www.comic-essay.com/ (You'll need Flash to read the pages.)

      Click on "Click Here" then go to the comic "Honey & Honey"

      This comic is about two women who are lovers, Sachiko and Masako.
      Masako is the one who kind of looks like a cat... the one with the
      dark hair.

      The first comic you'll come to is a Christmas comic. Masako,
      unusually, suggests they buy jewelry for presents. They decide to get
      matching rings. They go to the jewelry store (NOT Hermes, Masako
      warns), pick out matching rings, get sized, and get their rings
      wrapped up. Through the whole thing they are massively embarrassed,
      but happy - and the shop employee treats it all as a perfectly normal
      transaction between her and any couple. They get their rings and go to
      a cafe' where Masako asks Sachiko to open hers and look inside the
      ring - she's had it inscribed "LOVE." (Awwww). They go off to a nice
      romantic dinner, where the waitress asks them if they'd like the
      special drink for women that night - strawberry champagne. They would,
      of course. :-) Dinner is wonderful and romantic and they decide to get
      dessert and take it home. And they live happily ever after.

      It was insanely sweet and cute. But why was it amazing? Because this
      comic runs in "Davinch," which, Rica tells me is a major general
      magazine, not a gay magazine at all.

      I'm with Rica...this is amazing. Now I have to go back and read
      through the archives. :-)