Re: [Yuricon] Re: Strawberry Panic vs Simoun - the battle you've all been waiting for!

  • Shane
    Message 1 of 55 , Apr 8, 2006
      --- Adam Jones <adam@...> wrote:

      > On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 13:36:18 -0000, "atheniag"
      > <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
      >
      > > > marketing people clearly think that, simply
      > because I'm male, I'd
      > > > like this. I'm easy, but I'm not *that* easy.)
      > > You're also a freak Adam and don't count. :-)
      >
      > I'd noticed. I am, it seems, not a target market.
      > ;)
      >
      > In other news, Ouran Host Club is actually
      > surprisingly enjoyable, even
      > if some of the jokes fall a little flat. The
      > stereotype
      > bishounen are great - particularly the Gratuitously
      > Yaoi Twins. There's
      > certainly a *lot* of Utena being parodied in the
      > first episode. Oh, and
      > <cough> a giant pink clock tower.

      I really like Host club. I got all my friends hooked
      on it also. Haruhi is adorable not to mention Tamaki
      is hilarious. Then there is the loli boy XD
      stereotypes are fun.

      Also has anyone heard of Crimson Hero? it follows a
      rather boyish girl who is trying to restart the girls
      volleyball team at her school.

      > MILD SPOILER
      >

      > There's also a tiny bit of yuri potentialif you're
      > prepared to squint,
      > although it'll be played purely for laughs if at
      > all.
      > --

      you don't have to squint to see the yuri potential
      though I must say its not flat out but the Haruhi does
      comment "I guess Im sorta bent that way" and other
      such yuri-suggestive comments. Also an all female
      school thats out to get Haruhi to join their host
      club... a host club of girls for girls...
      *cough*yuri-ish*cough*

      ~Shane

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Kat Ehas
      Message 55 of 55 , Apr 30, 2006
        First, I'd like to say "Sue! You've de-lurked! Only took you five years! ;)"

        On 4/28/06, Susan Davis <futabachan@...> wrote:
        > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > On Apr 20, 2006, at 8:41 AM, atheniag wrote:
        > >
        > > > Well the fansubbers definitely didn't make it easy.
        > >
        > > No, but spending some time in the forums helped a lot. I don't fault
        > > the fansubbers too badly as a lot of the terms are turning out to
        > > more Latin than French, and nobody is really sure of a consensus.
        >
        > Episode 2 was a lot better than episode 1, although there are still
        > some very questionable romanization choices ("Call" for "koru" instead
        > of "Chor" or "Corps;" "Simula" for "shivyura" instead of "Sibylla," et
        > cetera). Hopefully, the rest of the series will be more along episode
        > 2's lines....

        Yeah, I have to agree that the subbing on ep 1 frustrated me. The
        grammar was weak and I wasn't always sure what they were trying to
        say. I'm going to probably rewatch ep 1 before starting ep 2.

        kat_chan