Re: [Yuricon] Re: Strawberry Panic vs Simoun - the battle you've all been waiting for!

  • Adam Jones
    Message 1 of 55 , Apr 8, 2006
      On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 13:36:18 -0000, "atheniag"
      <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:

      > > marketing people clearly think that, simply because I'm male, I'd
      > > like this. I'm easy, but I'm not *that* easy.)
      > You're also a freak Adam and don't count. :-)

      I'd noticed. I am, it seems, not a target market. ;)

      In other news, Ouran Host Club is actually surprisingly enjoyable, even
      if some of the jokes fall a little flat. The stereotype
      bishounen are great - particularly the Gratuitously Yaoi Twins. There's
      certainly a *lot* of Utena being parodied in the first episode. Oh, and
      <cough> a giant pink clock tower.

      MILD SPOILER

      There's also a tiny bit of yuri potentialif you're prepared to squint,
      although it'll be played purely for laughs if at all.
      .oO("dostoyevboiski and shakespeer." )
    • Kat Ehas
      Message 55 of 55 , Apr 30, 2006
        First, I'd like to say "Sue! You've de-lurked! Only took you five years! ;)"

        On 4/28/06, Susan Davis <futabachan@...> wrote:
        > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > On Apr 20, 2006, at 8:41 AM, atheniag wrote:
        > >
        > > > Well the fansubbers definitely didn't make it easy.
        > >
        > > No, but spending some time in the forums helped a lot. I don't fault
        > > the fansubbers too badly as a lot of the terms are turning out to
        > > more Latin than French, and nobody is really sure of a consensus.
        >
        > Episode 2 was a lot better than episode 1, although there are still
        > some very questionable romanization choices ("Call" for "koru" instead
        > of "Chor" or "Corps;" "Simula" for "shivyura" instead of "Sibylla," et
        > cetera). Hopefully, the rest of the series will be more along episode
        > 2's lines....

        Yeah, I have to agree that the subbing on ep 1 frustrated me. The
        grammar was weak and I wasn't always sure what they were trying to
        say. I'm going to probably rewatch ep 1 before starting ep 2.

        kat_chan