[OT] More conventions

  • Anna Haapaniemi
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 3 10:56 AM
      Hullu!

      The upcomming weekend the biggest, fi nort the only, manga and anime
      convention in Sweden takes place, Uppcon, here in "my" town, Uppsala.
      Of course, I would think (but not know, since I've never been to one)
      that compared to most conventions in the USA and Japan, and about
      everywhere else, it is very very small. They have hired one of the
      three cinemas in town, and also a place called Atrium, where the
      convention itself is. It's two floors. The first one consist of three
      rooms, the biggest one the size of three or four average high school
      classrooms. the second one I don't know the size of, since it's new
      for this year. The cinema has five saloons, the biggest one takes one
      takes 190 persons, and the others between 20 and 60. So, okay, i
      don't know, but i think it counts as kinda tiny. espacially for being
      the biggest one in Sweden.
      But we love it lots here. it's the only thing we got.
      Last year they had some yaoi merchandise and stuff, but I didn't find
      any yuri. This year they show read or Die actually (I'm so happy!),
      and I will see what they have at the manga/anime/merchandise front...

      So, anyone who will join me? *grins*

      //Dtouton