(OT) Update of repeat of October 2004 (replacement hip surgery)

  • Carmen DiProspero
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2006
      Hi hi all!

      Carmen ^_^ here reporting on my mending stats on one
      of the PC's here at Bryn Mawr Rehab.

      Last Tuesday AM, (5:30AM), I arrived at the Chester
      County Hospital for hip replacement surgery, and got
      wheeled into the operating table by 7:45PM.

      The surgery was a great success, and went very
      smoothly enough to be in a private room by afternoon.

      Last Friday, I was well enough (my temp was at a
      decent number), that I was taken to Bryn Mawr Rehab
      for my long road to recovery.

      The Physical Therapy is long and grueling, but this
      will help me to heal quicker and the road will be a
      smooth ride.

      I found out by my case manager that I will be able to
      be discharged and continue my mending at home. I'll be
      very glad in the long run when I will be able to walk
      without pain and attend Otakon and other cons without
      the use of a cane or a walker.

      Well, I just wanted to give you a small update on how
      I'm doing. Keep me in your thoughts, and hopefully I
      will give you another update before next Wednesday.

      Carmen ^_^

      P.S. - yes, I have been getting my fair share of ice
      cream and other sweet treats at the BMR to sweeten my
      recovery.

      http://mail.yahoo.com