Re: [Yuricon] Re: writing a comic

  • Andi, Andi Spring, Spring
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 6, 2006

      There's only a page up of it though. ^^;;

      stick_dragon <stick_dragon@...> wrote:
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jekaterina Gudkova" <lightwing47@...>
      wrote:

      > I'd like to know what you have so far :)
      > The plot and the style etc..
      >
      > Pretty please?

      I would too, Andi!  Please share.  I'm a pre-aspiring mangaka myself,
      but all I really have right now are doodles and concepts.

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "windam_2000" <windam_2000@...> wrote:

      > Original pencils were done on 11x17 paper and then inked.  The pages
      > were scanned at 600 dpi.  Screentones and text were added using adobe
      > photoshop.
      > If you have adobe streamline, you may want to use that to smooth your
      > lines.  To make my lines look smooth, I drew big, scanned high and
      > subsampled to 720x990 pixels.  This resolution isn't print quality
      > thought.  If you want print quality, subsample to 300 dpi.

      And thank you for the tips, win.  I've been wondering what Streamline
      is like for a while, and I know there's some free alternatives out
      there, so I might do a little research and post my findings.

      Rainy

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    • rosepress@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 6, 2006
        Well, I am from a previous generation of fan-comics; but I have some scenarios, scripts, and strips on the web.

        Scripts and stuff - http://washuu.net/fiction.htm

        Something else to do with comics - http://washuu.net/static.htm

        Best - Ellen Rose
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 6, 2006
          Let me also remind everyone who is a comic artist that ALC Publishing
          recruits EVERY YEAR looking for yuri artists to join the Yuri
          Monogatari project.

          If you already have a completed yuri-themed work, you can submit to us
          at any time. If you are a new artist that would like the benefit of
          guidance through the process of creating a publishable comic (NOT to
          learn how to write or draw comics) you can join us during our fall
          recruitment period.

          Guidelines and submission rules live quite permanently at:
          http://www.yuricon.org/alc.html

        • Shane
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 6, 2006
            --- rosepress@... wrote:

            > Well, I am from a previous generation of fan-comics;
            > but I have some
            > scenarios, scripts, and strips on the web.
            >
            > Character bios - _http://washuu.net/supers1.htm_
            > (http://washuu.net/supers1.htm)
            >
            > Scripts and stuff - _http://washuu.net/fiction.htm_
            > (http://washuu.net/fiction.htm)
            >
            > Finished story -
            > _http://washuu.net/images/badweek-01.htm_
            > (http://washuu.net/images/badweek-01.htm)
            >
            > Something else to do with comics -
            > _http://washuu.net/static.htm_
            > (http://washuu.net/static.htm)
            >
            > Best - Ellen Rose

            do you happen to be washuu on hamena.org?

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • rosepress@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 6, 2006
              In a message dated 3/6/2006 5:58:53 PM Central Standard Time, haruka_clone@... writes:
              do you happen to be washuu on hamena.org?
              Nope - I'm a Washuu of a different color.

              Ellen Rose

              Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net .
            • Jen
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 12, 2006