Re: writing a comic

  • stick_dragon
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 6, 2006
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jekaterina Gudkova" <lightwing47@...>
      wrote:

      > I'd like to know what you have so far :)
      > The plot and the style etc..
      >
      > Pretty please?

      I would too, Andi! Please share. I'm a pre-aspiring mangaka myself,
      but all I really have right now are doodles and concepts.

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "windam_2000" <windam_2000@...> wrote:

      > Original pencils were done on 11x17 paper and then inked. The pages
      > were scanned at 600 dpi. Screentones and text were added using adobe
      > photoshop.
      > If you have adobe streamline, you may want to use that to smooth your
      > lines. To make my lines look smooth, I drew big, scanned high and
      > subsampled to 720x990 pixels. This resolution isn't print quality
      > thought. If you want print quality, subsample to 300 dpi.

      And thank you for the tips, win. I've been wondering what Streamline
      is like for a while, and I know there's some free alternatives out
      there, so I might do a little research and post my findings.

      Rainy
    • Andi, Andi Spring, Spring
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 6, 2006

        There's only a page up of it though. ^^;;

        wrote:

        > I'd like to know what you have so far :)
        > The plot and the style etc..
        >
        > Pretty please?

        I would too, Andi!  Please share.  I'm a pre-aspiring mangaka myself,
        but all I really have right now are doodles and concepts.

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "windam_2000" <windam_2000@...> wrote:

        > Original pencils were done on 11x17 paper and then inked.  The pages
        > were scanned at 600 dpi.  Screentones and text were added using adobe
        > photoshop.
        > If you have adobe streamline, you may want to use that to smooth your
        > lines.  To make my lines look smooth, I drew big, scanned high and
        > subsampled to 720x990 pixels.  This resolution isn't print quality
        > thought.  If you want print quality, subsample to 300 dpi.

        And thank you for the tips, win.  I've been wondering what Streamline
        is like for a while, and I know there's some free alternatives out
        there, so I might do a little research and post my findings.

        Rainy

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • rosepress@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 6, 2006
          Well, I am from a previous generation of fan-comics; but I have some scenarios, scripts, and strips on the web.

          Scripts and stuff - http://washuu.net/fiction.htm

          Something else to do with comics - http://washuu.net/static.htm

          Best - Ellen Rose
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 6, 2006
            Let me also remind everyone who is a comic artist that ALC Publishing
            recruits EVERY YEAR looking for yuri artists to join the Yuri
            Monogatari project.

            If you already have a completed yuri-themed work, you can submit to us
            at any time. If you are a new artist that would like the benefit of
            guidance through the process of creating a publishable comic (NOT to
            learn how to write or draw comics) you can join us during our fall
            recruitment period.

            Guidelines and submission rules live quite permanently at:
            http://www.yuricon.org/alc.html

          • Shane
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 6, 2006
              --- rosepress@... wrote:

              > Well, I am from a previous generation of fan-comics;
              > but I have some
              > scenarios, scripts, and strips on the web.
              >
              > Character bios - _http://washuu.net/supers1.htm_
              > (http://washuu.net/supers1.htm)
              >
              > Scripts and stuff - _http://washuu.net/fiction.htm_
              > (http://washuu.net/fiction.htm)
              >
              > Finished story -
              > _http://washuu.net/images/badweek-01.htm_
              > (http://washuu.net/images/badweek-01.htm)
              >
              > Something else to do with comics -
              > _http://washuu.net/static.htm_
              > (http://washuu.net/static.htm)
              >
              > Best - Ellen Rose

              do you happen to be washuu on hamena.org?

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • rosepress@aol.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 6, 2006
                In a message dated 3/6/2006 5:58:53 PM Central Standard Time, haruka_clone@... writes:
                do you happen to be washuu on hamena.org?
                Nope - I'm a Washuu of a different color.

                Ellen Rose

                Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net .
              • Jen
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 12, 2006