Re: [Yuricon] Quicky My HyMEN question

  • Aaron the PK
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2006
      --- Jen <puni@...> wrote:

      > So. Which one is it? I need to settle on one, but
      > I'm unsure which
      > to choose. The kanji of the Japanese title is MAI,
      > but the official
      > Japanese website SUNRISE has MY-HIME as part of it's
      > www address.
      >
      > What's the US release going to be? "My Princess",
      > or "Princess Mai?"
      >
      > Kisses XXOOXX
      > Jen

      The DVDs are being released as "My-HiME"

      http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/w6NxSf4T-LpmCGmzcW/browse/item/68609/4/1769/24

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • windam_2000
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
        > So. Which one is it? I need to settle on one, but I'm unsure which
        > to choose. The kanji of the Japanese title is MAI, but the official
        > Japanese website SUNRISE has MY-HIME as part of it's www address.
        >
        > What's the US release going to be? "My Princess", or "Princess Mai?"

        I heard somewhere that "Mai" is syllabically the closest sounding
        kanji for My. But it also carries another meaning, which loosely
        translates to: the dancing princess

        Nagi occassionally makes a pun out of this -
        "You're the best dancer, Mai!"
        "It was nice knowing you, Mai Hime"

        -win