Re: [Yuricon] Mai-Otome 17 SPOILED AND ROTTEN

  • Shane
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 26, 2006
      --- Kat Ehas <kat0211@...> wrote:

      > > >*

      > > I come in to the bedroom last night and causally
      > ask the First Lady, "so,
      > > hey, Black Diamond would be...?"
      > >
      > > And she says, "Coal."
      > >
      > > And I say, "Yes. I thought so too."
      > >
      > > So Nina has the honor of being the Coal Meister.
      > Black Diamond, for pity's
      > > sake.
      >
      > While I can totally understand where you would get
      > "coal" form "black
      > diamond", I have another theory on what "black
      > diamond" could refer
      > to, by completely ignoring the chemical composition
      > of diamonds:
      > obsidian. It's black, and glass-like. I could see
      > where people in
      > another time and place, without understand that
      > diamonds are pretty
      > much pure carbon, and obsidian isn't, would look at
      > them and say that
      > obsidian is a black diamond. And that ties into the
      > whole Lord
      > Obsidian thing.
      >
      > Just a thought.
      >
      > kat_chan

      There are such things as black Diamonds. They are very
      rare but under the right pressure and heat a diamond
      can form with a black color. I think I may have
      already posted this to the group. The link below to
      check out if you want to check it out yourself.
      http://www.gemhut.com/diamondb.htm

      "I didn't do it! ... Unless it was a good thing, then maybe I did...!"
      -Shane-

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Kat Ehas
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 26, 2006

        > There are such things as black Diamonds. They are very
        > rare but under the right pressure and heat a diamond
        > can form with a black color. I think I may have
        > already posted this to the group. The link below to
        > check out if you want to check it out yourself.
        > http://www.gemhut.com/diamondb.htm

        Yes, I saw that link when it was posted before. But I still think
        that the idea that "black diamond" = obsidian works much better with
        the motif of MH and MO.

        kat_chan