RE: [Yuricon] Mai-Otome 17 SPOILED AND ROTTEN

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 4, 2006
      >From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Yuricon] Mai-Otome 17 SPOILED AND ROTTEN
      >Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 18:51:53 -0500
      >
      >So, my total fanboy mode lasted exactly one episode.

      See - now I can feel morally superior (coincidentally putting me on the same
      footing as Shizuru below, lol) because I'd been saying "hey, it's STILL the
      same team that eefed up the ending of mai HiME" the whole time. :-)

      >*
      >*
      >*
      >*
      >*
      >*
      >*
      >*
      >*
      >*

      >*
      >*
      >*
      >*
      >*
      >*
      >*
      >*
      >*
      >*

      >Sergey reacts and puts himself between Arika and the Slave, much to the
      >surprise of both Erstin and Nina. Sergey is, implausibly, unhurt, but his
      >shirt is ripped and a plot device comes floating out: Oji- sama's
      >hankerchief.

      Didn't you feel that coming when the damn thing was introduced. It stank of
      "plot device to show that Sergey is "oji-sama'".

      Arika and Nina are surprised. Arika
      >asks for confirmation, but Sergey has another surprise he's dishing out
      >instead. He pleads for Arika's life by revealing that she is true Princess
      >of Windbloom, surprising Aoi and Mashiro.
      >Nagi wonders exactly when Sergey was going to share this information with
      >him, and I think wonders if he seduced her. Well, he says something that
      >surprises and shames Sergey. and he can't look anyone in the eye either.

      He accuses Sergey of betraying him, yeah.

      >Whatever it is, Nina reacts very badly. So badly that the Meister GEM set
      >that Nagi has, that no one knew about it, reacts.
      >Nina can't believe what she's hearing and cries out, and now the pendant
      >spits out it's GEMs. John Smith is now surprised, because he had no idea
      >Nagi had the legendary Ultimate Black Diamond,

      I come in to the bedroom last night and causally ask the First Lady, "so,
      hey, Black Diamond would be...?"

      And she says, "Coal."

      And I say, "Yes. I thought so too."

      So Nina has the honor of being the Coal Meister. Black Diamond, for pity's
      sake.

    • Chalcahuite
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 6, 2006

        From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
        Subject: [Yuricon] Mai-Otome 17 SPOILED AND ROTTEN
        Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 18:51:53 -0500

        So, my total fanboy mode lasted exactly one episode.

        See - now I can feel morally superior (coincidentally putting me on the same
        footing as Shizuru below, lol) because I'd been saying "hey, it's STILL the
        same team that eefed up the ending of mai HiME" the whole time. :-)

        No, I will never give up my dream! One day characters I like will be in a show that dazzles me with it's originality and quality.

        *
        *
        *
        *
        *
        *
        *
        *
        *
        *

        *
        *
        *
        *
        *
        *
        *
        *
        *
        *

        Sergey reacts and puts himself between Arika and the Slave, much to  the
        surprise of both Erstin and Nina. Sergey is, implausibly, unhurt,  but his
        shirt is ripped and a plot device comes floating out: Oji- sama's
        hankerchief.

        Didn't you feel that coming when the damn thing was introduced. It stank of
        "plot device to show that Sergey is "oji-sama'".

        Yeah, I did. I was thinking, though, that this particular plot point was going to be resolved later than it was. I thought Nina would eventually fight Arika just because she was the more traditionally minded Otome, as she indicates to both Miss Maria in the tombs and to Sergey after Akane runs off. Oh well.

         because he  had no idea
        Nagi had the legendary Ultimate Black Diamond,

        I come in to the bedroom last night and causally ask the First Lady, "so,
        hey, Black Diamond would be...?"

        And she says, "Coal."

        And I say, "Yes. I thought so too."

        So Nina has the honor of being the Coal Meister. Black Diamond, for pity's
        sake.

        Oh yeah, how about that. Iffy name, cool looking robe. I guess it evens out.

        -==-

        Serge

        http://ximatl.blogspot.com

        http://albikal.blogspot.com

      • Shane
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 6, 2006

          > >> *
          > >> *
          > >> *
          > >> *
          > >> *
          > >> *
          > >> *
          > >> *
          > >> *
          > >> *

          > >> *
          > >> *
          > >> *
          > >> *
          > >> *
          > >> *
          > >> *
          > >> *
          > >> *
          > >> *
          > >
          > >> Nagi had the legendary Ultimate Black Diamond,
          > >
          > > I come in to the bedroom last night and causally
          > ask the First
          > > Lady, "so,
          > > hey, Black Diamond would be...?"
          > >
          > > And she says, "Coal."
          > >
          > > And I say, "Yes. I thought so too."
          > >
          > > So Nina has the honor of being the Coal Meister.
          > Black Diamond, for
          > > pity's
          > > sake.
          >
          > Oh yeah, how about that. Iffy name, cool looking
          > robe. I guess it
          > evens out.

          There is acctually such thing as a black diamond it's
          just not very popular. I think the mines are in south
          america but Im not positive.
          http://www.gemhut.com/diamondb.htm

          "I didn't do it! ... Unless it was a good thing, then maybe I did...!"
          -Shane-

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • byapes2001
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 6, 2006
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@...>
            wrote:

            > >From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
            > >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: [Yuricon] Mai-Otome 17 SPOILED AND ROTTEN
            > >Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 18:51:53 -0500
            > >

            > >*
            > >*
            > >*
            > >*
            > >*
            > >*
            > >*
            > >*
            > >*
            > >*

            > >*
            > >*
            > >*
            > >*
            > >*
            > >*
            > >*
            > >*
            > >*
            > >*
            >
            > >Sergey reacts and puts himself between Arika and the Slave, much
            to the
            > >surprise of both Erstin and Nina. Sergey is, implausibly,
            unhurt, but his
            > >shirt is ripped and a plot device comes floating out: Oji- sama's
            > >hankerchief.
            >
            > Didn't you feel that coming when the damn thing was introduced. It
            stank of
            > "plot device to show that Sergey is "oji-sama'".

            (Note: I'm going on blog screenshots for this.) And another thing,
            *how* did Sergey manage to survive that attack? Never mind the
            ripped shirt-and the deployment of the Plot Device-he should at
            least be bleeding a bit.

            > Arika and Nina are surprised. Arika
            > >asks for confirmation, but Sergey has another surprise he's
            dishing out
            > >instead. He pleads for Arika's life by revealing that she is
            true Princess
            > >of Windbloom, surprising Aoi and Mashiro.
            > >Nagi wonders exactly when Sergey was going to share this
            information with
            > >him, and I think wonders if he seduced her. Well, he says
            something that
            > >surprises and shames Sergey. and he can't look anyone in the eye
            either.

            > He accuses Sergey of betraying him, yeah.
            >
            > >Whatever it is, Nina reacts very badly. So badly that the
            Meister GEM set
            > >that Nagi has, that no one knew about it, reacts.
            > >Nina can't believe what she's hearing and cries out, and now the
            pendant
            > >spits out it's GEMs. John Smith is now surprised, because he had
            no idea
            > >Nagi had the legendary Ultimate Black Diamond,
            >
            > I come in to the bedroom last night and causally ask the First
            Lady, "so,
            > hey, Black Diamond would be...?"
            >
            > And she says, "Coal."
            >
            > And I say, "Yes. I thought so too."
            >
            > So Nina has the honor of being the Coal Meister. Black Diamond,
            for pity's
            > sake.

            ...Dammit now I can't get the song "Coal Miner's Daughter" out of
            my head...

            ...retitled of course "Coal Meister's Daughter."

            <Ducks and covers>

            Brian Yaple
            BYapes@...
            BYapes2001
          • Kat Ehas
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 26, 2006

              > >*
              > >*
              > >*
              > >*
              > >*
              > >*
              > >*
              > >*
              > >*
              > >*

              > >*
              > >*
              > >*
              > >*
              > >*
              > >*
              > >*
              > >*
              > >*
              > >*
              > I come in to the bedroom last night and causally ask the First Lady, "so,
              > hey, Black Diamond would be...?"
              >
              > And she says, "Coal."
              >
              > And I say, "Yes. I thought so too."
              >
              > So Nina has the honor of being the Coal Meister. Black Diamond, for pity's
              > sake.

              While I can totally understand where you would get "coal" form "black
              diamond", I have another theory on what "black diamond" could refer
              to, by completely ignoring the chemical composition of diamonds:
              obsidian. It's black, and glass-like. I could see where people in
              another time and place, without understand that diamonds are pretty
              much pure carbon, and obsidian isn't, would look at them and say that
              obsidian is a black diamond. And that ties into the whole Lord
              Obsidian thing.

              Just a thought.

              kat_chan
            • Jamie Wells
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 26, 2006
                Kat Ehas <kat0211@...> wrote:

                > >*
                > >*
                > >*
                > >*
                > >*
                > >*
                > >*
                > >*
                > >*
                > >*

                > >*
                > >*
                > >*
                > >*
                > >*
                > >*
                > >*
                > >*
                > >*
                > >*
                > I come in to the bedroom last night and causally ask the First
                Lady, "so,
                > hey, Black Diamond would be...?"
                >
                > And she says, "Coal."
                >
                > And I say, "Yes. I thought so too."
                >
                > So Nina has the honor of being the Coal Meister. Black Diamond, for pity's
                > sake.

                While I can totally understand where you would get "coal" form "black
                diamond", I have another theory on what "black diamond" could refer
                to, by completely ignoring the chemical composition of diamonds:
                obsidian.  It's black, and glass-like.  I could see where people in
                another time and place, without understand that diamonds are pretty
                much pure carbon, and obsidian isn't, would look at them and say that
                obsidian is a black diamond.  And that ties into the whole Lord
                Obsidian thing.

                Just a thought.

                kat_chan
                *looks above*  She's good...

                Yahoo! Mail
              • Shane
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 26, 2006
                  --- Kat Ehas <kat0211@...> wrote:

                  > > >*
                  > > >*
                  > > >*
                  > > >*
                  > > >*
                  > > >*
                  > > >*
                  > > >*
                  > > >*
                  > > >*

                  > > >*
                  > > >*
                  > > >*
                  > > >*
                  > > >*
                  > > >*
                  > > >*
                  > > >*
                  > > >*
                  > > >*
                  > > I come in to the bedroom last night and causally
                  > ask the First Lady, "so,
                  > > hey, Black Diamond would be...?"
                  > >
                  > > And she says, "Coal."
                  > >
                  > > And I say, "Yes. I thought so too."
                  > >
                  > > So Nina has the honor of being the Coal Meister.
                  > Black Diamond, for pity's
                  > > sake.
                  >
                  > While I can totally understand where you would get
                  > "coal" form "black
                  > diamond", I have another theory on what "black
                  > diamond" could refer
                  > to, by completely ignoring the chemical composition
                  > of diamonds:
                  > obsidian. It's black, and glass-like. I could see
                  > where people in
                  > another time and place, without understand that
                  > diamonds are pretty
                  > much pure carbon, and obsidian isn't, would look at
                  > them and say that
                  > obsidian is a black diamond. And that ties into the
                  > whole Lord
                  > Obsidian thing.
                  >
                  > Just a thought.
                  >
                  > kat_chan

                  There are such things as black Diamonds. They are very
                  rare but under the right pressure and heat a diamond
                  can form with a black color. I think I may have
                  already posted this to the group. The link below to
                  check out if you want to check it out yourself.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 26, 2006

                    > There are such things as black Diamonds. They are very
                    > rare but under the right pressure and heat a diamond
                    > can form with a black color. I think I may have
                    > already posted this to the group. The link below to
                    > check out if you want to check it out yourself.
                    > http://www.gemhut.com/diamondb.htm

                    Yes, I saw that link when it was posted before. But I still think
                    that the idea that "black diamond" = obsidian works much better with
                    the motif of MH and MO.

                    kat_chan