RE: [Yuricon] Kashimashi anime

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2006
      >From: Shane M <yoarashi01@...>
      >To: yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Yuricon] Kashimashi anime
      >Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 14:22:11 -0800 (PST)
      >
      >I don't know if anybody else is watching the
      >anime...or even if it's subbed up to where I'm at yet.
      >Anyway, I'm on episode four, watching it raw, and it's
      >getting pretty tense and emotional. I didn't see this
      >in the manga, but...
      >

      >SPOILER
      >

      >SPOILER
      >

      >SPOILER
      >

      >SPOILER
      >

      >SPOILER
      >

      >SPOILER
      >

      >SPOILER
      >
      >Is it just me, or does Ayuki seem to like Tomari a
      >little, um, /much/? I didn't really notice it in the
      >manga, but in the anime Ayuki seems to spend a lot of
      >time looking (staring, really) at Tomari, and acts as
      >if she's speaking from personal experience in
      >unrequited love when she gives advice to Hazumu in the
      >beginning. (She advises him not to confess.) I could
      >be totally off-base, but...

      Can't say I've seen the Tomari/Ayuki thing, but in the manga, at least, its
      because Ayuki's going through a painful relationship all the time this story
      is going on. No one knows about it until pretty far along, when Hazumu
      blunders in on a piece of it.

      So, yes, she is talking from experience. For her, confessing did not lead to
      happiness.