Re: Mai Otome 17 - no spoilers - okay...one spoiler...

  • mellowrg
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2006
      That was the most vague complaint I've heard about Mai Otome yet. LOL

      Personally, everything that I predicted came true. Everything. So
      maybe I'm also enjoying this because I'm on a smug powertrip.

      I don't forsee a reset ending though, but who knows. However, until I
      am proven wrong, I'm just going to enjoy roleplaying as Notradamus.

      On a more serious note, what exactly don't you like about the plot
      direction?

      Perhaps eing a longtime Sunrise watcher gives me more understanding to
      what they're trying to do plotwise, so I'm not lost
      *cough*scryed*turnagundam*cough*
    • W. Suika Roberts
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 8, 2006
        On Feb 4, 2006, at 8:34 AM, atheniag wrote:

        > Really, no spoilers. I just wanted to say that I was *massively*
        > disappointed in this episode.
        >
        > Not only did they start falling into the trite and obvious to forward
        > the plot, I can feel the slow slide into "we don't really know how to
        > end this, so we'll just do the same three things we always do, instead
        > of thinking about it...."
        >

        > I do have one spoiler to mention
        >

        > And I'm not even really going to say
        >

        > anything specific
        >

        > It's more of a general
        >

        > petulant whine:
        >

        > Seriously:
        >

        > Do you think for one *second* that Erstin won't come back? Did you
        > learn NOTHING from Mai Hime???
        >
        > Come on folks - the ending will be tedious, everyone dead will be
        > returned to life when the deus ex machina, erm, Harmonium, activates
        > and we'll all live *happily* ever after.

        Or maybe they'll dig deeper into their history, when they never let
        plot or reason interfere with the angst, and devoted fifty episodes
        to driving the protagonist slowly mad by killing off most of the
        people who are important to him . . .

        or earlier (which is actually what I thought of first ^_^ ) when we
        have a different character jump into the middle of a fight between
        people she loves and get killed . . .

        Either of which would be interesting, and leaves the question of
        whether Nina is Camille or Amuro . . .

        > And then our short term memories will forget and we'll watch the next
        > series expecting good writing....

        Well, maybe not good writing, but at least something that doesn't
        completely dilute the franchise ^_-

        ja ne,
        Suika
        ---
        sfr@...
        ``Literature is the lie that tells the truth . . . ''

        --Dorothy Allison
        <A HREF="http://homepage.mac.com/ssfr/">Suika no pe-ji</A>
      • Akra
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 10, 2006
          --- "W. Suika Roberts" <sfr@...> wrote:
          > or earlier (which is actually what I thought of
          > first ^_^ ) when we
          > have a different character jump into the middle of a
          > fight between
          > people she loves and get killed . . .
          >
          > Either of which would be interesting, and leaves the
          > question of
          > whether Nina is Camille or Amuro . . .

          Or Kira or Athrun. I thought of Gundam Seed first when
          I saw them react after Ers-chan disappeared. Just like
          I thought of Seed when I saw the second opening.

          No one is an island, but some of us are peninsulas

          http://mail.yahoo.com