Re: [Yuricon] I've noticed a new trend lately..

  • Felicia Oliver
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2 7:56 AM
      I think that is an interesting idea for a yuri, I have seen many yaoi for it, why not have some girl/girl action and see how it affects the school....who says that girl power can't rule a government...lol

      kitten <nekoni8@...> wrote:
      hmm... never gave much thought to that, but you may be right. (& it has been around for a while) i can't seem to remember any anime/manga where that equation [all girls school + student council = yuri] was not true. interesting. can anyone disprove this theory?

      mellowrg <mellowrg@...> wrote:

      Or maybe it started way back since the days of Onii-sama he and I'm
      slow and just realizing the trend now.

      It seems that if you're a female student council president, you better
      be prepared because yuri comes with the job whether you like it or not.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      kitty =^!^=
      BIPOLARIS DELERIUM MENTIA

    • Shane
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2 10:05 AM
        That trend is not just in manga I have a few young
        adult lesbian stories and in most of them at least
        oneof the characters is at least class president or on
        the student council. So this steroe type seems
        prevalent in american literature as well. at least
        what I've read. Maybe it's thw whole woman in power
        thing...

        Shane

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2 11:51 AM
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Shane <haruka_clone@...> wrote:

          > That trend is not just in manga I have a few young
          > adult lesbian stories and in most of them at least
          > oneof the characters is at least class president or on
          > the student council. So this steroe type seems
          > prevalent in american literature as well. at least
          > what I've read. Maybe it's thw whole woman in power
          > thing...

          Quite likely. Power has always been an aphrodisiac. And women in
          positions of power are seen as having admirable masculine qualities
          like assertiveness - provided they remain feminine as well....or they
          are seen as being butch, dykey or bitches.

          Since the whole girl "experimenting" phase thing is very trendy at the
          moment it stands to reason that girls, whether Japanese or American,
          or whathaveyou, would find other girls like that appealing and safe as
          figures of akogare/admiration and fantasy.

          My high school Class President was such a girl; smart, attractive,
          good student, pleasant to everyone, good athlete, etc. I wonder if it
          ever occurred to anyone to have a crush on her? :-)

        • aathsani
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2 2:36 PM

            > Quite likely. Power has always been an aphrodisiac. And women in
            > positions of power are seen as having admirable masculine qualities
            > like assertiveness - provided they remain feminine as well....or
            > they
            > are seen as being butch, dykey or bitches.

            Case in point with last week's episode of L word the scene when a very
            outspoken female senator hit on Bette (who is an equally strong
            personality) made for a very sexy moment. <akogare moment>
            MmmMMmmmMmmMmm strong womyn MmMMMmmMm </akogare moment>