Broken Angels, Volume 1

  • Sean Gaffney
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
      Just got a new manga from Tokyopop, Broken Angels, by Setsuri Tsuzuki. The
      basic premise is that a girl at the local high school has incredible power to control
      water, and uses it when solving the problem of those around her, or defending
      herself against threats. She's intriguing, and insists on dressing in the male uniform,
      but has all the sexuality of a throw rug.

      However, then there's the Class President. She has the best grades in class, is
      gorgeous... and is completely insane. After dedicating herself to the heroine after the
      first chapter, she proceeds to try to lure her to bathhouses, and dresses in the school
      nurse's French Maid outfit (?!) to feed her lunch. I will admit she's not 100% lesbian;
      when a guy accidentally gropes her breast, she responds by groping his crotch. She
      also declares herself a fan of group sex. She is a huge freakey freak, and I haven't
      immediately loved someone as much as I do her in quite a while.

      There's a little more yuri in the book later, as an underclassman gets a crush on the
      heroine and demands they exchange class pins.

      This isn't the focus of the book, of course. The focus is our heroine, her amazing
      powers, her mysterious past, and hiding this from the rest of the world. The yuri is
      used as a comedy spice. That being said, it achieves an excellent balance by doing
      so, and I found the first volume read very fast. There are apparently five volumes of
      this series (Kowarehajimeta Tenshi Tachi in Japan), so I definitely look forward to
      more.

      Recommended. And yes, there's nudity, so throw in a LFB rating or two as well. :)

      --SG
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2006
        >From: "Sean Gaffney" <sean@...>
        >To: yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Yuricon] Broken Angels, Volume 1
        >Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 19:17:58 -0500
        >
        >Just got a new manga from Tokyopop, Broken Angels, by Setsuri Tsuzuki. The
        >basic premise is that a girl at the local high school has incredible power
        >to control
        >water, and uses it when solving the problem of those around her, or
        >defending
        >herself against threats. She's intriguing, and insists on dressing in the
        >male uniform,
        >but has all the sexuality of a throw rug.

        LOL

        >This isn't the focus of the book, of course. The focus is our heroine, her
        >amazing
        >powers, her mysterious past, and hiding this from the rest of the world.
        >The yuri is
        >used as a comedy spice. That being said, it achieves an excellent balance
        >by doing
        >so, and I found the first volume read very fast. There are apparently five
        >volumes of
        >this series (Kowarehajimeta Tenshi Tachi in Japan), so I definitely look
        >forward to
        >more.

        I admit, you make this sound intruiging. I'll take a look for it. Thanks for
        the heads up!