Re: [Yuricon] Off topic.

  • Adam Jones
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2006
      On 11-Jan-2006 13:41 +0000, James Morris wrote:

      > Anyway, I don't know if anyone has spotted this but I've been reading the e-mail's lately and there seems to be a few words like "love" that are both highlighted in green and underlined in green and when clicked on all I got was a blank page, I don't know whether anyone has spotted it yet, if you have'nt then its probably the computer I'm using but if its the actual e-mail itself, then................... well, can anyone shed some light on it please, thanks

      If you're using some form of webmail to read the list then it's probably
      your webmail provider using some sort of irritating JavaScript-based
      advertising crap. (Installing Firefox and the AdBlock extension will
      probably let you avoid it quite handily.)

      If this is happening using a local email client on your PC (like
      Eudora, Outlook Express, etc.) then you might well have some sort of
      spyware infection. I'd recommend getting a copy of AdAware from:
      http://www.lavasoft.com/support/download/
      and running a scan to see if it finds anything.

      It could also be that Yahoo have started putting adverts in HTML emails
      from Yahoo Groups. Try logging into your Yahoo Groups account and
      changing the preferences to specify plain-text emails only (turn off
      HTML emails), assuming there's an option to do so (I haven't looked,
      but it's pretty common).
      .oO("*ahem*" )